This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Newcomers, Please Read...

Default Re: Newcomers, Please Read...

I haven't visited this site in a long time, sorry been busy but I was delighted to receive a Happy Birthday greeting today. Thank you for remembering me.

I could never fault someone for laziness in that department, I am the queen of it!!!! This post was very thoughtful!

I appreciate the fact there is a place his constant readers can speak our minds. I have been a Stephen King fan before I could read. (I was 4 when I saw Cujo, and it scared the crap out of me!)Then I watched Cat's Eye. By the time I could figure out context clues I was reading King. His writing was one of the things that inspired my early writing. Granted I haven't gotten to far with it, I can read one of his books, and I am usually inspired.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm never to old to continue my education and look forward to reading what folks have to say here in the newbie threads, as well as other forums. Cheers.

Well, this seems as good a place as any to start...being a newbie and all....one who THOUGHT I had read a lot of SK...turns out, not so much....but still, I love his stories and can never go past one, nor a good discussion (or occasional lively debate) so I figured this was the perfect place for me to come!!
    So hello anyone who's out there and reading....I'm sure we'll cross paths sooner or later!!....and am I missing something or can I not edit my profile to add a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Well, this seems as good a place as any to start...being a newbie and all....one who THOUGHT I had read a lot of SK...turns out, not so much....but still, I love his stories and can never go past one, nor a good discussion (or occasional lively debate) so I figured this was the perfect place for me to come!!
    So hello anyone who's out there and reading....I'm sure we'll cross paths sooner or later!!....and am I missing something or can I not edit my profile to add a picture?

Welcome Winter, to add a profile picture go to: Settings (top right-hand corner)>>Edit Profile Picture>>then follow the directions provided. Remember to click Save Changes when you are done.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Lovely, thank you. Next question...is there a quick way to go to threads I have been posting in or am I to remember each place I decided to share my opinion...oh good god, that could get confusing. I have a lot of opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Lovely, thank you. Next question...is there a quick way to go to threads I have been posting in or am I to remember each place I decided to share my opinion...oh good god, that could get confusing. I have a lot of opinions!
    Go to: My Profile>>>Find latest posts. (Sometimes there is a little wait before they're all listed.)
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Hello All, I'm new to the message boards but have enjoyed Mr. kings works for over twenty-five years now. Glad to be here.

Greetings MrsSmeej,

Thank you very much for such a thoughtful, honest, and warm welcome.

I thoroughly enjoy your ability in word usage and sentence structure. You have allowed me to see and feel very comfortable indeed. Your "blanket welcome" is very cozy and brings a smile to my soul.

Your directions to different areas of this community are very much appreciated. I eagerly anticipate a further enjoyment of this community, and I do look forward to any and all expressions of yours in the future.

Thank You!
    Sincerely,
    ThekRT445

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast