This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast

Thread: Newcomers, Please Read...

Default Re: Newcomers, Please Read...

HI all! newbie here, not sure what all to say besides hello and give y'all a bit of background. i am an aspiring writer, I have self published one book so far. I have always Loved Stephen King since i picked up the first book i ever found of his at the age of 9 (the book was "the Tommyknockers" btw. been hooked ever since!

Welcome, but ouch me eyes with that font

Welcome, LadyShade. Have a look around the MB. When you have 10 posts on the public side you might enjoy joining one of the writer social groups.

Quote Originally Posted by ThekRT445 View Post
    Greetings MrsSmeej,

Thank you very much for such a thoughtful, honest, and warm welcome.

I thoroughly enjoy your ability in word usage and sentence structure. You have allowed me to see and feel very comfortable indeed. Your "blanket welcome" is very cozy and brings a smile to my soul.

Your directions to different areas of this community are very much appreciated. I eagerly anticipate a further enjoyment of this community, and I do look forward to any and all expressions of yours in the future.

Thank You!
    Sincerely,
    ThekRT445

Hi ThekRT445;

I'm so sorry it's taken me this long to get back to you. I haven't been on the Board in a while and just checked the Welcome thread on a whim. So much for a warm welcome, hmmm? Three weeks? Yikes. If you've looked around since, I'm sure you'll notice that a lot has changed since I first started this thread. One thing hasn't though... You are still most sincerely (if belatedly) welcome. Hope you'll stay.

MrsSmeej
    Last edited by MrsSmeej; May 24th, 2013 at 09:33 AM.

Thank you! I know the welcome was for all, but it felt personal to me. I look forward to enjoying all you described!

Just more fan mail...didn't know where else to put it, sorry.

Dear Constant Writer,

I was just looking for a way to contact you, Mr. King, unobtrusively, (I've been reading your work since I was old enough to work out a dictionary,) to say thanks for sharing so much with so many, for so long.

I'm a tugboat engineer, and I've been to more ports than I can count, sailed with more people than I remember, and I never boarded a tug that didn't have your work on board as well. You're truly a writer that reaches everyone, everywhere.

I remember being chastised in class for reading IT behind my textbooks, (I was about nine years old, the teacher was "disappointed" in me for "dedicating your intellect to such trash!") Heh, heh, I was much gratified to find your work is required reading in the very same school system these days. How far we have come together!!!

I also wanted to say that I have always felt I am the Constant Reader, and each time I crack open a new text and receive a letter, it makes me feel like you know some of us from way back in the day....and I'm pleased to know that with all your fame and fortune, you haven't forgotten me.

Your words have again and again, met my own thoughts and ideas, on a deeply personal level....like tendrils of pure emotion, curling out through the foggy abyss of humanity and electrifying my very neurons with their touch.

From a Buick 8 could not have been more timely, as I was at a huge philosophical quandary in my life, and I felt again, as if we were growing up, and now getting old together.

I've wanted to express these thoughts since I was that 9 year old kid, but find now, as the opportunity finally presents itself, I am clumsy and awkward...forgive my inability to do so in a more graceful fashion. (I find in fact, I am downright teary eyed at the frustration I feel. It's an enormous task, to compound 27 years of shared observations and ideas into one succinct communication....and I find that I am unfortunately failing miserably.)

All I mean to say, is that you've touched me, in more ways that you know, if you can dig that.

And if you keep writing, I'll keep reading. Maybe one of these days, (when I make my final port and have some time on my hands,) I'll contribute a small tendril of my own to some life, somewhere, in some literary way. You have inspired me to try to live life, (in all it's muck and beauty,) while seeing it with less cluttering delusion in between. I guess only you will ever know what your goal is in writing....to touch? Inspire? Plague? Invoke? You've accomplished all that and more, in me, and in so many others. I just wanted you to know.

See you at the preface....

Quote Originally Posted by Constantly Reading View Post
    Just more fan mail...didn't know where else to put it, sorry.

Dear Constant Writer,

I was just looking for a way to contact you, Mr. King, unobtrusively, (I've been reading your work since I was old enough to work out a dictionary,) to say thanks for sharing so much with so many, for so long.

I'm a tugboat engineer, and I've been to more ports than I can count, sailed with more people than I remember, and I never boarded a tug that didn't have your work on board as well. You're truly a writer that reaches everyone, everywhere.

I remember being chastised in class for reading IT behind my textbooks, (I was about nine years old, the teacher was "disappointed" in me for "dedicating your intellect to such trash!") Heh, heh, I was much gratified to find your work is required reading in the very same school system these days. How far we have come together!!!

I also wanted to say that I have always felt I am the Constant Reader, and each time I crack open a new text and receive a letter, it makes me feel like you know some of us from way back in the day....and I'm pleased to know that with all your fame and fortune, you haven't forgotten me.

Your words have again and again, met my own thoughts and ideas, on a deeply personal level....like tendrils of pure emotion, curling out through the foggy abyss of humanity and electrifying my very neurons with their touch.

From a Buick 8 could not have been more timely, as I was at a huge philosophical quandary in my life, and I felt again, as if we were growing up, and now getting old together.

I've wanted to express these thoughts since I was that 9 year old kid, but find now, as the opportunity finally presents itself, I am clumsy and awkward...forgive my inability to do so in a more graceful fashion. (I find in fact, I am downright teary eyed at the frustration I feel. It's an enormous task, to compound 27 years of shared observations and ideas into one succinct communication....and I find that I am unfortunately failing miserably.)

All I mean to say, is that you've touched me, in more ways that you know, if you can dig that.

And if you keep writing, I'll keep reading. Maybe one of these days, (when I make my final port and have some time on my hands,) I'll contribute a small tendril of my own to some life, somewhere, in some literary way. You have inspired me to try to live life, (in all it's muck and beauty,) while seeing it with less cluttering delusion in between. I guess only you will ever know what your goal is in writing....to touch? Inspire? Plague? Invoke? You've accomplished all that and more, in me, and in so many others. I just wanted you to know.

See you at the preface....
    That was wonderful and I know that many folks here will share in these feelings. Thank you... and welcome.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Hello all!

Could someone tell me how can I speak with Stephen or his assistants?
    I have a story and I'd like to tell it. Is it possible?

Thank you.

User, if you are sharing an anecdotal story, the the main Moderator will be on duty tomorrow at 8 a.m. e.s.t.

If you are wanting to share a story as in a story idea, this board does not accept story ideas or any self-promotion.

Read the FAQs for more information you might be interested in. Welcome to the board.
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

Just a slight amendment to Dana Jean's post, my official on duty hours are 8:30 - 4:00 PM Eastern.

Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast