This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast

Thread: Newcomers, Please Read...

Default Re: Newcomers, Please Read...

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Just a slight amendment to Dana Jean's post, my official on duty hours are 8:30 - 4:00 PM Eastern.
    Right! - it's important to have that first cup of the day, right? A little caffeine always helps me to focus Some weenie called this morning saying he was from "Windows" about my computer?? I asked where he was calling from as he had a strong East Indian accent. He said he was in UK from Manchester, England. They're 6 hours ahead of us so I asked him to call back later... hope your day is going well so far, Ms. Mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    Right! - it's important to have that first cup of the day, right? A little caffeine always helps me to focus Some weenie called this morning saying he was from "Windows" about my computer?? I asked where he was calling from as he had a strong East Indian accent. He said he was in UK from Manchester, England. They're 6 hours ahead of us so I asked him to call back later... hope your day is going well so far, Ms. Mod!

When he calls back tell him that he's right on time and that yes, you now have the Police link up and running, so please go ahead... and make your day.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    When he calls back tell him that he's right on time and that yes, you now have the Police link up and running, so please go ahead... and make your day.
    Wow! I did not know it was a scam - I was just peeved that someone would call me so early like that. The call display said "out of area" so I thought it was my husband calling from up North. I just told him to call back later (thinking I would ignore the call and not pick up). He kept trying to talk so I hung up on the weenie! Sheesh - thanks for letting me know. The most recent thing I could find about it is from February of this year:
    http://abcnews.go.com/Business/scamm...ry?id=18378841
    Why - the dirty rats!

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    Wow! I did not know it was a scam - I was just peeved that someone would call me so early like that. The call display said "out of area" so I thought it was my husband calling from up North. I just told him to call back later (thinking I would ignore the call and not pick up). He kept trying to talk so I hung up on the weenie! Sheesh - thanks for letting me know. The most recent thing I could find about it is from February of this year:
    http://abcnews.go.com/Business/scamm...ry?id=18378841
    Why - the dirty rats!
    We get one of these types of calls maybe once every month. The kids get all excited when they come in now as they try to outdo each other with how long they can mess with the scammer before they realise they're being played.
    I know... there's not much in the way of entertainment in our wee town.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Hi
    I m a newbie here and I m a stephen king fan from Italy.

Welcome to our home.

Hi, I'm from Canada. Been reading Stephen King since 'Carrie'. My fave author of all time! Just thought I'd pop in to say hi and to comment now and again on books I've read recently. I don't get much time to read these daze but I read a little at a time whenever I can. Just finished ''11,22,63'. Loved it. Just now starting 'Blaze'. Wanted to mention that in the first chapter of 'Blaze', Stephen got me laughing and for the reasons he didn't want which he stated in the forward but for genuine reasons. Stephen's humor is the best. Love him! Of Stephen's family I've read 'Heart Shaped Box' from Joe Hill. Loved that too! At the time I hadn't realized Joe was Stephen's son. Awesome. I've often thought about Stephen King's family and how that being in a family of authors, one probably must always be on their best behaviour, lol. Anyway, I probably won't be around a lot. No time, but I will pop in whenever I get the chance or have something to say. Btw, does Stephen ever pop in here to read comments?

Yes, he's said he does come in every now and again unannounced to read posts but he doesn't ever respond personally.

That's understandable but nice to know he does pop by.

I see that I screwed up in my first post. I meant to say that I laughed in 'Blaze' but 'not' for the reasons he didn't want, which he mentioned in the forward. lol. Type-O

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast