Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The Dark Tower Ending - I HATED IT! **SPOILERS** - Page 20

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower Ending - I HATED IT! **SPOILERS**

Default Re: The Dark Tower Ending - I HATED IT!

Well, sorry l can not read all the post but l would like to give my opinion too, as l did before the first thing is apologize my english level... lm a selflearning one.

I didn't like it either, l hate it too... why?

A lot of reasons.
    First l must say how bad I feel about his hit accident when it happened, but, l am the only one that think SK is writting different since then?

I love the Dark Tower series but l prefer the pre-accident ones.
    But the last one...
    [spoiler]
    Why SK himself does appear in the book? why is he talking about his accident again? why did l feel like all magic dissapear when Roland speak with Stephen King?
    Why the bad guy is out with that weak end, after chasing him during all SK novels?
    Why kill the guys, and recover them, and kill them again, to show them alive again in last pages?[spoiler]
    I would prefer a no end, not a forced one.
    I would love express myself better, is dificult for me in english, but l think you are going to get the meaning.
    Anyway, l still love all stephen king's works, l adore the comics of DT, but... this seventh book will be always a knife in my heart.
    Bilibramboy.

The Dark Tower series could end no other way. That is the long and the short of it. Roland was damned. He was also wrong. When realization hits him that he must do it all over again, he dreads the starting point in the trackless sands of the desert. He seems to feel this is too late for anything to be changed. This is because he still doesn't understand. The moment he let Jake fall, choosing the Tower, he was doomed to repeat no matter what the outcome. "Stand and be true." It was that betrayal that damned him that time around. No other choice truly mattered. Will the outcome of his next trip around repeat? The answer to that question is beyond me. However, Gan made him a promise that things could be different. The horn symbolized that promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilibramboy View Post
    First l must say how bad I feel about his hit accident when it happened, but, l am the only one that think SK is writting different since then?
    probably not. but i don't know. didn't catch on until after '99.

Why SK himself does appear in the book? why is he talking about his accident again? why did l feel like all magic dissapear when Roland speak with Stephen King?
    sk appears cause that's the direction the story took. i liked the idea that roland shows up in person. what other direction would we have, this after the dark half, the library policeman, some other stuff. i thought the moment was pretty magical, myself.

Why the bad guy is out with that weak end, after chasing him during all SK novels?
    Why kill the guys, and recover them, and kill them again, to show them alive again in last pages?
    the bad guy was nothing but puff and smoke in the end. second part. faith hope and love. belief.

i'd be curious to know more about the people, like myself, who enjoyed the ending, just as i'd be curious to know more about those, like youself, who dislike it. i've got a theory on that that i won't articulate here. i guess bottom line is that i see all kinds of magic there and can't for the life of me understand why others don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Gray View Post
    The Dark Tower series could end no other way. That is the long and the short of it. Roland was damned. He was also wrong. When realization hits him that he must do it all over again, he dreads the starting point in the trackless sands of the desert. He seems to feel this is too late for anything to be changed. This is because he still doesn't understand. The moment he let Jake fall, choosing the Tower, he was doomed to repeat no matter what the outcome. "Stand and be true." It was that betrayal that damned him that time around. No other choice truly mattered. Will the outcome of his next trip around repeat? The answer to that question is beyond me. However, Gan made him a promise that things could be different. The horn symbolized that promise.
    Thanks Robert, i now understand!!! (but now feel stupid for not seeing that )

Oh and i now like the ending

Oh and the reason i didn't like it to start with is because i just didn't get it

First I want to say that I loved DT 7. The hardest thing about the ending was the feeling of lack of closure. I wanted in the end the Ka tet to find success in their quest. Instead we find that Ka is a wheel. I was disappointed after seeing all they had gone through just to see the start again. But I was warned Sai King posted a warning that you may not like what you find at the top of the Tower.

I had the same feeling, but came to the conclusion that it was really the only way S.K could have done it . It was a ride ill never forget and ill more than likely jump on it again sometime in the future, i would like to see some filler stories come out though ( hint hint ) but not in an editors cut version ( i picked up the stand uncut and never read it )

Strange was the end, but accepted it. So mysterious. I liked.

The ending was great in the that you had to think about it for a few minutes to get it and appreciate it. I love that the rest of the ka tet reunite. Espicailly Oy's return being foreshadowed.

I cried, and cried and cried.

I thought the ending was great, suprising to say the least, but overall I was happy with how it ended. To everyone that says SK "copped-out" should consider a re-read and really pay attention to the JOURNEY and not get so wrapped up in the ending. Also I think you have to keep in mind, that with a 7 book series, I dont think theres any way to satisfy everyone with the ending.

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast