This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Scariest Stephen King book?

Default Re: Scariest Stephen King book?

I have not read all of SK's book so I cant really say. I haven't read Pet semetary but from what you'all right here I probably should.

"Lisey's story" and "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon" was really good story telling a typical sit on the sofa and enjoy books!!

Scariest - It! I had to walk around while reading some of that book because I couldn't sit still.

Most disturbing - Misery. Again, lots of walking around in the house while reading but this time because I was so darned ... stressed ... worried

This thread has been out here a good long while yet a comment was posted only an hour ago. Which tells me others are still finding it interesting to read.I know I do. I simply cant decide on a 'scariest' one though. I think we all find something in particular about certain books and it gives a good case of the willies.I'm safe (so far) in that my greatest fear is the pressure of deep water and heights. course getting stuck in dark caves brings on the panick as well...other than that-I'm good.I think. Ofcourse we never know we fear some terrible thing until we experience it-right?? I admit to having nervous moments in Geralds Game, Duma Key,Dolans Cadillac etc. okay maybe I should have said SK just finds a way to get to us every time. There, that about covers it!

Bag Of Bones was pretty scary, in my opinion. The Shining had the scariest scene I've read, but Bag of Bones had the most uncomfortable moments for me. I never thought IT was scary.

Scariest: Pet Semetary, Salem's Lot as a close second. Lisey's Story - The parts where Scott's brother was in the cellar creeped me the f*** out!

For short stories, it might be I Am the Doorway. N.'s obsessive compulsion was really creepy though!

Not scary: Hearts in Atlantis

Most of King's stories are scary on a more psychological level, not a blood-and-guts level (although there is plenty of that too!).

Scariest novels: 'Salem's Lot, The Shining, Misery (it could happen!), Gerald's Game, IT, Cujo, and Pet Sematary...

Scariest short stories: All of Night Shift is at least creepy, The Monkey, The Mist, The Raft, Suffer the Little Children, Riding the Bullet, Big Driver, N....

Wow, I feel like a baby. Ha.

For its Desperation and IT

It will always be Salems' Lot for me. First read at 12 or 13.

But The Shining. close call.

Full Dark No Stars would have to be the scariest for me. It is truly scary what people (even "normal" people) are capable of, and those stories are very symbolic of that.

Then, probably It. Damn clowns...

Quote Originally Posted by shookme View Post
    Full Dark No Stars would have to be the scariest for me. It is truly scary what people (even "normal" people) are capable of, and those stories are very symbolic of that.

Then, probably It. Damn clowns...
    For me. I find pretty much the same thing. The Stand did have some elements of the supernatural and that was pretty scary but the most frightening was that this scenario could actually become fact (less the Randall Flagg element, that is.) Otherwise stories that show the dark side of humanity scare the crap out of me. Mankind (and please don't go pc on me cause personkind doesn't sound right and I've already used humanity) should have evolved to a point where we realize we all share a planet but just live on different streets. Some just take a longer road trip to get to.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast