Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Scariest Stephen King book? - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Scariest Stephen King book?

Default Re: Scariest Stephen King book?

Pet Semetary,without a doubt.I think I've reread it just once,I was completely horrified.Not just by the supernatural,but of the human drama.The way King described it just got to your throat.
    Salem's lot and Bag of bones always scared me a lot and it was a bit hard to go to bed afterwards,beacuse I it's not easy to fall asleep and keep an eye open at the same time.

Well it used to be ****in The Stand but I just read The talisman time to trade up!

I think night flier was pretty darn creepy. I am not sure if that is really the name of the story but that is the name of the movie. The movie is dated but, I still like it. The story would be in one of his books with short stories in it. I can't tell you which one because all of my books are packed away at the moment. Maybe someone on the board knows the answer to this.

It's in Nightmares & Dreamscapes. You can always check the Library section of the main portion of the site to find out what collection a story is in if you don't have your book handy.

Quote Originally Posted by scared1 View Post
    I think night flier was pretty darn creepy. I am not sure if that is really the name of the story but that is the name of the movie. The movie is dated but, I still like it. The story would be in one of his books with short stories in it. I can't tell you which one because all of my books are packed away at the moment. Maybe someone on the board knows the answer to this.
    Nightmares and Dreamscapes has some really creepy stories, especially Suffer Little Children and the Ten O'Clock People.

The Stand scared most of the hell out of me. It was too close to reality.

Salem's Lot, sans David Soul - extremely scary!

Children of the Corn. OMG.

Gerald's Game: There is someone on the shadow looking at her...it is real or only in the woman's mind?
    Only for these pages...it makes one of my favourite books

I think my scariest picks would be Pet Sematary (though I haven't finished it, I get the jist), It, and 'Salems' Lot. There definately is a major creep factor in all of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Flood1980 View Post
    Nah, thats not enough... You have to read the book, the movie leaves out a lot, IMO. So... READ IT DANGIT
    Didn't read it due to the advice of someone at the time whose opinion I respected. Will remedy that soon as I can locate a copy. Need something of SK read at the moment. Thanks.

While all Stephen King books are scary, I truly haven't been scared by the books that I have been reading. This may seem odd, but I have not had bad dreams for instance from reading one of his awesome books. As for books that I consider to be scary, IT is high up on the list as well as Pet Sematary. Personally I thought that Different Seasons was a little bit tamer than the rest of them, accept for of course the novella Apt Pupil that is hidden among the other stories.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast