This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Board Closing Announcements

Default Board Closing Announcements

Placeholder.

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Default Re: Board Closing Announcements

You may have noticed over the last few evenings that posts were being approved past the normal Board hours. After much consideration of the requests to have less moderation of the Board and to expand the hours the entire Board is open (not just the Social Groups,) we have decided to give it a trial by adding more moderators beginning with several of our Beta Testers who are volunteering their time to help. To that end, the Board will not be closing down overnight or on weekends beginning today. If everything goes well, we will continue to leave the Board open 24/7 and consider additional changes. I will continue to moderate the Board weekdays during my normal business hours.

P.S. The Betas are doing this on a strictly volunteer basis and there are no assigned hours so although the Board will be open, there may not always be a Moderator on Duty (hmmm...M.O.D. ) so expect that there may still be delays in having posts approved.

For anyone who might have been wondering, the Board will not be closed while I am on vacation for the next couple of weeks. I will be back on duty on May 1st but Jordan, FlakeNoir, and Dana Jean will be filling in while I'm gone. As noted in the post above, please expect some delays for those of you who still have posts moderated. Have a good couple of weeks--I know I will!

I will be on vacation beginning at 4 PM (Eastern) today (October 4th) and will be back on duty October 16. The Board's other moderators--FlakeNoir, Dana Jean, and Tery--will be filling in while I'm gone so that the Board can remain open. Please remember that moderating the Board is an unpaid volunteer position for them and there are no assigned hours so there may be times when they are attending to their own lives and the Board posts for those who are still moderated may take longer to be approved and moderator type questions may also take a little longer to receive a response. Thank you for your patience with them--you will be patient, right?!