This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Message Board Problem Resolution

Default Re: Message Board Problem Resolution

Thanks for the answer.

But, is there any way that we can retrieve those lost threads ?

I would very much like to save one that I started here but I can`t find it anymore...

It`s called " A story about a broken Life...and how I relate to Steve..."
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Rogers Hi-Speed Internet; FunWebProducts; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
    Moderator's Reply:
    Sorry, it looks like the thread is gone. Generally, any thread which goes unused for more than 180 days is deleted.

I also have more bad news for you, it looks like your browser is infected with adware. Here's some more information on FunWebProducts.

To remove a FunWebProduct and your My Web Search toolbar, you must do the following:
    1. From your computer's Start button, select "Settings", then select "Control Panel".
    2. Double-click on the "Add/Remove Programs" icon.
    3. Select "My Web Search Bar" and click "Remove".

The My Web Search toolbar and the FunWebProduct feature have now been uninstalled.

-- Jordan

Did an upgrade to the board last night. If you notice anything funny, i.e. not working properly, please let me know.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

No social groups!
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6
    Moderator's Reply:
    They were out for about 5 minutes. They're fine & dandy now.

-- Jordan

"One pixel can change everything."

I have no more social groups under my Quick links

when i enter from my profile page i get a weird page with los whaite background and box's with big huge ? marks in them I will logout and back in

everything else seems ok on ffox 3
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 811FFTBSTE(%toolbar_id)

Quote Originally Posted by Srbo View Post
    Thanks for the answer.

But, is there any way that we can retrieve those lost threads ?

I would very much like to save one that I started here but I can`t find it anymore...

It`s called " A story about a broken Life...and how I relate to Steve..."
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Rogers Hi-Speed Internet; FunWebProducts; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
    Moderator's Reply:
    Sorry, it looks like the thread is gone. Generally, any thread which goes unused for more than 180 days is deleted.

I also have more bad news for you, it looks like your browser is infected with adware. Here's some more information on FunWebProducts.

To remove a FunWebProduct and your My Web Search toolbar, you must do the following:
    1. From your computer's Start button, select "Settings", then select "Control Panel".
    2. Double-click on the "Add/Remove Programs" icon.
    3. Select "My Web Search Bar" and click "Remove".

The My Web Search toolbar and the FunWebProduct feature have now been uninstalled.

-- Jordan
    Huh.
    Thanks for the warning there, Jordan, but for some reason it won`t let me unistall the feature....

I'm not sure the social groups are fine and dandy. I'm having trouble accessing them and they are not the same as they used to be. I know that may or may not be a bad thing.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6
    Moderator's Reply:
    Groups are now back to their default settings, but have some new features. What is the access trouble you are having?

-- Jordan

There is no quick link to social groups.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_6; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Safari/525.20.1
    Moderator's Reply:
    Yep. They're now accessible via the bottom of the main forum page or the "Community" menu item.

-- Jordan

Got it! thank you, Jordan.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_6; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Safari/525.20.1

Smile Re: Message Board Problem Resolution

Can we have a You're Welcome button?

lol! j/k but that would be amusing, at least to me

-Sen
    "And it always, at the end, came round to the same place again."
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; Media Center PC 5.0)
    Moderator's Reply:
    I can easily add a "groan" button...
    -- Jordan

Hi,

When I went to edit the Long Road Home social group (just changing the date and adding a name) it told me that I couldn't post it as there were 1835 characters and the maximum was 1000 characters, yet the existing post is up in full (1835 or thereabouts).

How can I get round this, please?

Thankee in advance.

Long days and pleasant nights
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6
    Moderator's Reply:
    The limit has been set to allow for more efficient searching of the groups. There is no real work around, per se. Is it possible to trim down your description?

--Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by mstay View Post
    I'm not sure the social groups are fine and dandy. I'm having trouble accessing them and they are not the same as they used to be. I know that may or may not be a bad thing.
    Moderator's Reply:
    Groups are now back to their default settings, but have some new features. What is the access trouble you are having?

-- Jordan

It just takes more steps to get into the group posts but I figured it out. It looked weird this morning but it's improved since then. I like the pictures! It's just different and I wasn't sure if I was seeing the right things. Thanks for your help Jordan.
    Moderator's Reply:
    It's a little weird, but hopefully the new features will be useful. If you run into more problems, let me know.

-- Jordan

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast