Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Message Board Problem Resolution - Page 8

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Message Board Problem Resolution

Default Re: Message Board Problem Resolution

Quote Originally Posted by mstay View Post
    That happens to me too.
    I have a similar problem with that feature. When I click that little gray arrow sometimes--maybe about 50% of the time, and I think it is only with quite large threads--it does not direct me to the last page. A different problem is on my homepage. The Post and Preview buttons no longer have those words written on them, though they still work fine. I am running Mac OSX v4.11 and use Firefox for my browser, in case that info is useful.

Neither of the above problems are preventing me from enjoying the site. You are doing a fantastic job!

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    I have a similar problem with that feature. When I click that little gray arrow sometimes--maybe about 50% of the time, and I think it is only with quite large threads--it does not direct me to the last page. A different problem is on my homepage. The Post and Preview buttons no longer have those words written on them, though they still work fine. I am running Mac OSX v4.11 and use Firefox for my browser, in case that info is useful.

Neither of the above problems are preventing me from enjoying the site. You are doing a fantastic job!
    The downward pointing arrow to the left of a thread's title /should/ take you to the latest post that you haven't read. The right pointing arrow after the most recent poster's name /should/ take you to the last post in the thread. Which of the two arrows is malfunctioning?

I don't understand what you mean by your homepage. Do you mean your profile?

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    The downward pointing arrow to the left of a thread's title /should/ take you to the latest post that you haven't read. The right pointing arrow after the most recent poster's name /should/ take you to the last post in the thread. Which of the two arrows is malfunctioning?

I don't understand what you mean by your homepage. Do you mean your profile?
    Yes, I mean my profile. As for the arrows question, I may have been assuming the left arrow was for something it is not. I will check that, and thanx!

The problem was caused by the way your profile customizations were set up. i was able to fix the setup, and I'm looking into fixing the default settings so that this doesn't occur again.

Jordan

Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes

The default settings should now be usable site-wide. If you are still having problems with your profile, let me know.

Jordan

Rene Descartes

One more note on profile styling... if you change your font size, it will fix a lot of the oddness of the layout. Click "Customize Profile" then change the font size using the drop down. Save the change you've made. If you're happy with the new size, you're all set. If you'd like it to be the original setting, follow the preceding instructions again.

You should only have to do this once, and from then on the board will recognize the font properly.

Jordan

Rene Descartes

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678