Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Message Board Suggestions - Page 10

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Message Board Suggestions

Default Re: Message Board Suggestions

I suggest that you should cut down the amount of different forums. I mean, there's just to much! I get confused and can't keep track of them all. Is it really necessary to have a forum about ever single thing there is? And some of them could be added together. As it is now it's chaotic. Like everything from General discussion and down are things that are nothing else but stuff that should be in the forum of General discussion. Why not cut them all down to one?
    ... A good forum needs good structure, everyone likes easy and effective navigation. That's what good websites is all about: Accessibility!

Give it a chance to get used to. Because there is so much to talk about and SKMBers are a loquacious bunch , it actually makes things easier to have topics broken down into more categories. If we had fewer Forums, you would have to be wading through just as many threads but now people know, for example, which Forum to go to to discuss the movie rather than the book or if it's a topic unrelated to any of Steve's works, they should go to the Chattery Teeth forum.

HI and welcome, Solvebring. Think of the MB as entering a new school with a new class schedule. Remember those first days of total confusion finding each classroom- After a few weeks you had no trouble navigating classes and the building. We are here to help, so if you need any, just shout out.

"loquacious'? Always loved that word. Makes us sound like a bunch of intellectuals, instead of people who just can't stop talking, lol.

Okay then. I still think that there's to many forums but at least now, I know why. Seems like this forum is really crowded then, wow!
    And I really understand why to make a forum for each and every movie and such, because there would be to little with just one general movieforum. But still, I think there are some forums at least, that might be added together. All can't be necessary - they all can't hold that many threads and posts that they all really pay off? Sorry for struggling and asking, but I'm just curious, and yes, I like things to be effective. Thanks for a serious and good answer by the way.

The Board will be closed for a 3 day weekend starting Friday. My suggestion would be to take the down time to read through the posts and then let me know if you still feel that way. It's not going to change how we do things but it might give you a different perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by solvebring View Post
    A good forum needs good structure, everyone likes easy and effective navigation. That's what good websites is all about: Accessibility!
    I think this forum is very easy to navigate. You can't really get simpler than the forum titles which "explain" exactly what section you are looking at, and which threads belong where. If you find there are sections of the forum that don't interest you just "collapse" them on your page so they don't take up unnecessary viewing space. Plus you have the search option to the top right of the page, should you want to simply enter what you are looking for. You can also subscribe to threads you make posts in, or have a general interest in, so you can observe what is going on in those easily. You have the option there to view your own threads/posts at just a click of the icon. As you can also view all the new thread/posts very easily by clicking on that section of the board.

I would definitely take time to look around and get a feel for the board before jumping in and insinuating there is no good structure, resulting in a poor website. Due to the hard work the mods/Jordan and others who work behind the scenes put in, I would have to disagree with you 100%. This is a GREAT website. Cheerio.

solvebring, welcome to the board!
    The first week or so I was here I spent a lot of time trying to go through all the various threads under "Forum". But once I had covered all the topics I now just click on the "New Posts" indicator in the upper right 95% of the time. Also I will check "My Posts" to see if anyone has responded to something I've written. Now, if I'm reading a specific book at the time I will check in on that book's section to see if there is any activity. You will get the hang of it.

It was a easy-going when it came to this site for me.

I was wondering, Is there a section for Member arts (Fan-arts)

Where someone would be able to upload/show off their painting endeavors?
    If it is there, Cool, where is it? and if it is not, Would it be a good idea to have a place for that?

Maybe I am jumping the gun here and we could get that in Chittery Teeth. But I am unsure. So, before posting a picture of a paiting I made some place, I thought I might ask first.

Cheers
    On and off member
    Dax

PS: Just found out about WKIT. And listening to it now. Awesome .

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast