This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Message Board Suggestions

Default Re: Message Board Suggestions

I was wondering if there was a place to post things we are watching now. I know there is one for what we are reading at the minute, suggestions for good books. It would be cool to do the same for movies or TV shows that don't necessarily have to be King related.

In the TV & Made-for-TV Movies section of the forum there should be a section for The Dead Zone TV series. There's already one for the 1983 movie with Christopher Walken but the TV series deserves a separate section.
    One might argue that the series as a whole is NOT an adaptation of King's novel and that's true but the main plotline of the series IS. The first two episodes serve as the origin of Johnny Smith and stays somewhat true to the events in the book including the hunt for the serial killer and in later episodes we see the main villain Stillson and the evil he will bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sir View Post
    I was wondering if there was a place to post things we are watching now. I know there is one for what we are reading at the minute, suggestions for good books. It would be cool to do the same for movies or TV shows that don't necessarily have to be King related.
    Anyone can start a thread.... I think you should go for it.

Maybe an "Agree" button? Or an "I Second That" button, or even "Ditto". There's the Thanks, and the Welcome, but Agree would be nice if you want to let someone know you agree with what they are saying, and I know I would definitely use it. It might save Ms Mod some unnecessary reviewing of posts that just echo what the last person said.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstantReader1973 View Post
    Maybe an "Agree" button? Or an "I Second That" button, or even "Ditto". There's the Thanks, and the Welcome, but Agree would be nice if you want to let someone know you agree with what they are saying, and I know I would definitely use it. It might save Ms Mod some unnecessary reviewing of posts that just echo what the last person said.
    A laugh button would be good . . . or I guess it would get used sarcastically I don't know. I'm sure this is no new suggestion.

I'm still trying to find the answer to this question -
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStalker View Post
    Ms. Mod, I've got a question about the posting. At the top of the page, where it reads "New Posts:" there are usually two numbers. What do those two numbers signify? They don't change consistently. Earlier this morning it read "2/2" (usually numbers like "32/12" are there, except at night when it just reads "0" which I understand). I clicked on a post (I'd posted to it) and the number changed to "1". After that it stayed "1" even after checking other posts until you started posting them again then it went to something like "8/6". So, to sum up this lengthy description, what do the two numbers mean, please?
    What does the left number indicate and what does the right number indicate?

Curiosity is killing the cat, but hoping satifaction will bring him back.

Jordan is probably a much better source for the answer to this than I am because to tell you the truth, I don't know. I just checked out the total posts for the day but it didn't match the number at the top left when I clicked on Today's Posts.

Actually, Ms. Mod., they're lottery numbers. I've used them to win on many occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Jordan is probably a much better source for the answer to this than I am because to tell you the truth, I don't know. I just checked out the total posts for the day but it didn't match the number at the top left when I clicked on Today's Posts.
    And if I stump Jordan with this question what prize do I win?

My guess is that it's X new (unread) posts since your last visit in Y threads.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast