This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 159

Thread: Message Board Suggestions

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: Message Board Suggestions

    Hi, sorry if it has been suggested, but I am on my phone, and looking through 12 pages will take a while. That is actually what my suggestion is about - can we possibly get a mobile friendly version of the message boards? At the moment it is quite awkward to post. Would there be any other call for a mobile version?

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Message Board Suggestions

    I have done a search and come up empty on this. How about an "Ask Stephen King" sub-forum. Obviously, Stephen King would not be EXPECTED to reply to anything, but the idea he might glance at the topics occasionally would be pretty neat, and it'd be a place for all those questions that don't seem to fit elsewhere on the board. I don't know about others, but I'd love to be able to just hang out with Mr. King and shoot the ****, and it'd be a place for that sort of "feeling".

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: Message Board Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by The Nameless View Post
    Hi, sorry if it has been suggested, but I am on my phone, and looking through 12 pages will take a while. That is actually what my suggestion is about - can we possibly get a mobile friendly version of the message boards? At the moment it is quite awkward to post. Would there be any other call for a mobile version?
    Sorry to repeat myself, but is there any possibilty of this at all? My sleep pattern is very different to most, and I would post more in bed on my phone if it was possible. Ok, so it IS possible, but really awkward at the moment.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wilmington DE, strange little place.
    Posts
    570

    Default Re: Message Board Suggestions

    Iv been a member for a long time now. I feel like I can make
    an official Suggestion.

    I want suggest that senior members (and above) be allowed--
    text only "Signatures" for the message board.

    They would be text only and limited to less then 100 characters
    (or whatever number Ms. mod says) no pictures.

    You would 'apply' for a signature and she would approve it.
    and you would not be allowed to change it for one year
    (or what ever time Ms. Mod says) You would not be
    allowed to change it until your 'join date' anniversary
    comes around.

    The idea here is to allow signatures , but to have very
    little work and head aches for Ms. Mod.

    If enough people respond here...maybe it will happen !

    below is my signature(If I were allowed one)
    The world has teeth and it can bite you with them any time it wants !--Trisha McFarland

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,999,850

    Default Re: Message Board Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by The Nameless View Post
    Sorry to repeat myself, but is there any possibilty of this at all? My sleep pattern is very different to most, and I would post more in bed on my phone if it was possible. Ok, so it IS possible, but really awkward at the moment.
    The mobile style should now be available and working for phone, phablets, and tablets.

    Jordan

    StephenKing.com Webmaster


    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default Re: Message Board Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    The mobile style should now be available and working for phone, phablets, and tablets.
    Yup, it sure is. I've already posted a message on my phone, and now I'm using my iPad and so far so good.

    A couple of things I've noticed--which some people may feel is an issue--is the option to thank/like/dislike and welcome isn't available when using the mobile devices. Also the advanced formatting styles aren't available, i.e, inserting links/pictures/videos, etc. Can these been inserted on the mobile site or is it mainly used for submitting basic text?

    Sorry for all the questions Jordan, we all appreciate how hard you're working on making the site perfect!

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,999,850

    Default Re: Message Board Suggestions

    The mobile style is intentionally simplistic. We probably won't be adding many (if any) features to it. The board should function decently on a modern mobile device using the regular style (full site link).

    Jordan

    StephenKing.com Webmaster


    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default Re: Message Board Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    The mobile style is intentionally simplistic. We probably won't be adding many (if any) features to it. The board should function decently on a modern mobile device using the regular style (full site link).
    Yeh the full site has always worked fine for me on mobile devices, I just wanted to be nosey about how the mobile version works. I like its simplicity.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    i'm in the jailhouse now!
    Posts
    870

    Default Re: Message Board Suggestions

    Maybe a listing for "Cannibals"? I'd downloaded a copy a few years back, read it, enjoyed it, liked that it was available in manuscript form...and wouldn't mind reading it again. There is that link that includes "unpublished works"...but I didn't see anything for "Cannibals" there. I dunno how accessible the unfinished story is now...if a link exists, or not...but until I asked in a thread about "The Plant"...I couldn't find that, either...although, had I taken the time to read all of the thread, a member had posted a link...and now numerous links exist on that thread for the curious to find their way to that story. And if youse guys wanna throw any other unpublished stuff our way, I doubt you'd hear any complaints.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    3,901

    Default Re: Message Board Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Oobleck View Post
    Maybe a listing for "Cannibals"? I'd downloaded a copy a few years back, read it, enjoyed it, liked that it was available in manuscript form...and wouldn't mind reading it again. There is that link that includes "unpublished works"...but I didn't see anything for "Cannibals" there. I dunno how accessible the unfinished story is now...if a link exists, or not...but until I asked in a thread about "The Plant"...I couldn't find that, either...although, had I taken the time to read all of the thread, a member had posted a link...and now numerous links exist on that thread for the curious to find their way to that story. And if youse guys wanna throw any other unpublished stuff our way, I doubt you'd hear any complaints.
    The Cannibals
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Board Closing Announcements
    By Jordan in forum News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 4th, 2013, 10:39 AM
  2. The Office Suggestions
    By Jordan in forum Suggestion Box
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: June 18th, 2012, 12:06 PM
  3. Website Suggestions
    By Jordan in forum Suggestion Box
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: August 25th, 2011, 12:10 PM
  4. Message Board Problem Resolution
    By Jordan in forum Suggestion Box
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: February 15th, 2011, 06:50 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •