This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Message Board Suggestions

Default Re: Message Board Suggestions

Hi, sorry if it has been suggested, but I am on my phone, and looking through 12 pages will take a while. That is actually what my suggestion is about - can we possibly get a mobile friendly version of the message boards? At the moment it is quite awkward to post. Would there be any other call for a mobile version?

I have done a search and come up empty on this. How about an "Ask Stephen King" sub-forum. Obviously, Stephen King would not be EXPECTED to reply to anything, but the idea he might glance at the topics occasionally would be pretty neat, and it'd be a place for all those questions that don't seem to fit elsewhere on the board. I don't know about others, but I'd love to be able to just hang out with Mr. King and shoot the ****, and it'd be a place for that sort of "feeling".

Quote Originally Posted by The Nameless View Post
    Hi, sorry if it has been suggested, but I am on my phone, and looking through 12 pages will take a while. That is actually what my suggestion is about - can we possibly get a mobile friendly version of the message boards? At the moment it is quite awkward to post. Would there be any other call for a mobile version?
    Sorry to repeat myself, but is there any possibilty of this at all? My sleep pattern is very different to most, and I would post more in bed on my phone if it was possible. Ok, so it IS possible, but really awkward at the moment.

Iv been a member for a long time now. I feel like I can make
    an official Suggestion.

I want suggest that senior members (and above) be allowed--
    text only "Signatures" for the message board.

They would be text only and limited to less then 100 characters
    (or whatever number Ms. mod says) no pictures.

You would 'apply' for a signature and she would approve it.
    and you would not be allowed to change it for one year
    (or what ever time Ms. Mod says) You would not be
    allowed to change it until your 'join date' anniversary
    comes around.

The idea here is to allow signatures , but to have very
    little work and head aches for Ms. Mod.

If enough people respond here...maybe it will happen !

below is my signature(If I were allowed one)
    The world has teeth and it can bite you with them any time it wants !--Trisha McFarland

Quote Originally Posted by The Nameless View Post
    Sorry to repeat myself, but is there any possibilty of this at all? My sleep pattern is very different to most, and I would post more in bed on my phone if it was possible. Ok, so it IS possible, but really awkward at the moment.
    The mobile style should now be available and working for phone, phablets, and tablets.

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    The mobile style should now be available and working for phone, phablets, and tablets.
    Yup, it sure is. I've already posted a message on my phone, and now I'm using my iPad and so far so good.

A couple of things I've noticed--which some people may feel is an issue--is the option to thank/like/dislike and welcome isn't available when using the mobile devices. Also the advanced formatting styles aren't available, i.e, inserting links/pictures/videos, etc. Can these been inserted on the mobile site or is it mainly used for submitting basic text?

Sorry for all the questions Jordan, we all appreciate how hard you're working on making the site perfect!

The mobile style is intentionally simplistic. We probably won't be adding many (if any) features to it. The board should function decently on a modern mobile device using the regular style (full site link).

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    The mobile style is intentionally simplistic. We probably won't be adding many (if any) features to it. The board should function decently on a modern mobile device using the regular style (full site link).
    Yeh the full site has always worked fine for me on mobile devices, I just wanted to be nosey about how the mobile version works. I like its simplicity.

Maybe a listing for "Cannibals"? I'd downloaded a copy a few years back, read it, enjoyed it, liked that it was available in manuscript form...and wouldn't mind reading it again. There is that link that includes "unpublished works"...but I didn't see anything for "Cannibals" there. I dunno how accessible the unfinished story is now...if a link exists, or not...but until I asked in a thread about "The Plant"...I couldn't find that, either...although, had I taken the time to read all of the thread, a member had posted a link...and now numerous links exist on that thread for the curious to find their way to that story. And if youse guys wanna throw any other unpublished stuff our way, I doubt you'd hear any complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Oobleck View Post
    Maybe a listing for "Cannibals"? I'd downloaded a copy a few years back, read it, enjoyed it, liked that it was available in manuscript form...and wouldn't mind reading it again. There is that link that includes "unpublished works"...but I didn't see anything for "Cannibals" there. I dunno how accessible the unfinished story is now...if a link exists, or not...but until I asked in a thread about "The Plant"...I couldn't find that, either...although, had I taken the time to read all of the thread, a member had posted a link...and now numerous links exist on that thread for the curious to find their way to that story. And if youse guys wanna throw any other unpublished stuff our way, I doubt you'd hear any complaints.
    The Cannibals
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast