This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Message Board Suggestions

Default Re: Message Board Suggestions

"You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

We need a Queen avatar.

I agree wholeheartedly!

Her Majesty's a very nice girl but she doesn't have a lot to say...

Last edited by Neesy; July 14th, 2013 at 05:40 PM. Reason: In reply to the need for a Queen avatar :-)

bad

Can the auto-save feature be changed? Perhaps it's just something about my own settings (and if so, someone please enlighten me!), but if auto-save is enacted (which seems to happen about every 30 seconds) while I am actually typing, for some reason, it will re-position my cursor to some random, earlier part of my text, totally screwing me up! Does anyone else have this problem? It's really annoying--I'm a touch typist and type pretty quickly, but I keep having to look at the screen and double-check what I am doing.

Quote Originally Posted by btobey View Post
    Can the auto-save feature be changed? Perhaps it's just something about my own settings (and if so, someone please enlighten me!), but if auto-save is enacted (which seems to happen about every 30 seconds) while I am actually typing, for some reason, it will re-position my cursor to some random, earlier part of my text, totally screwing me up! Does anyone else have this problem? It's really annoying--I'm a touch typist and type pretty quickly, but I keep having to look at the screen and double-check what I am doing.
    I'm pretty sure it's not a feature you can set to disable--it's part of the overall Board software. I don't have the problem you're describing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's not a feature you can set to disable--it's part of the overall Board software. I don't have the problem you're describing, though.
    Well, in general, I certainly think of auto-save as a good thing! This is just annoying though. Could it be a browser incompatibility? I'm using Chrome...of course, I'm also on a fairly old netbook that I'll be replacing in a few weeks (just ordered a new computer), so maybe that will solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by btobey View Post
    Well, in general, I certainly think of auto-save as a good thing! This is just annoying though. Could it be a browser incompatibility? I'm using Chrome...of course, I'm also on a fairly old netbook that I'll be replacing in a few weeks (just ordered a new computer), so maybe that will solve the problem.
    Could be an incompatibility issue. Jordan is the one with more expertise in that area and should be able to answer your question.

There are several browser incompatibilities and other problems with this software. We're currently testing a new environment, and will likely be abandoning vBulletin in the next few months.

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

There are several other threaded/bulletin/message board competitors out there to vBulletin... maybe they're more user and webmaster friendly?

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast