This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Message Board Suggestions

Default Re: Message Board Suggestions

Hi.

Since there is a movie and TV forum - how about a music forum ?

There are a lot of threads about music, so - why not put them all into one forum ?

Thanks.
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Rogers Hi-Speed Internet; FunWebProducts; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Sheila Carlyle Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Srbo View Post
    Hi.

Since there is a movie and TV forum - how about a music forum ?

There are a lot of threads about music, so - why not put them all into one forum ?

Thanks.
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Rogers Hi-Speed Internet; FunWebProducts; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
    I agree, I know this has been requested to death, and there are social groups, as well as threads dedicated to music, but music is such a large part of SK's writing - it just seems appropriate.

I mean, there's a TV forum, for crying out loud.

Thanks for listening,

S.
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.1)
    Moderator's Reply:
    Essentially, we won't be adding a music forum because (with the expection of The Rock Bottom Remainders) Stephen doesn't do music. The original intention of the forum breakdown was to discuss the different media that Stephen has been involved with; thus, Movies, TV and Books.

-- Jordan

Is there any way to take off the thing which makes the mod's read the post's before they're posted? Or does that happen for a couple of post's then it's turned off?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5
    Moderator's Reply:
    Asked and answered many times. We'll never do away with moderation. The FAQ has some more details.

-- Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila Carlyle View Post
    I agree, I know this has been requested to death, and there are social groups, as well as threads dedicated to music, but music is such a large part of SK's writing - it just seems appropriate.

I mean, there's a TV forum, for crying out loud.

Thanks for listening,

S.
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.1)
    Moderator's Reply:
    Essentially, we won't be adding a music forum because (with the expection of The Rock Bottom Remainders) Stephen doesn't do music. The original intention of the forum breakdown was to discuss the different media that Stephen has been involved with; thus, Movies, TV and Books.

-- Jordan

Hi,

But with the Ghost Brothers of Darkland County that changes, does it not?

Long days and pleasant nights
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5
    Moderator's Reply:
    Well, yes and no. Yes, it is another music-related project. No, we're still not adding a music forum.

-- Jordan

Default time difference

I cant help but notice, that right now all of america must be sleeping (almost awake im sure but all the last answers were given 15 hours ago..) If you need a mod on the other side of the world, in the future by a day or so, I will volunteer.....
    ( you can shove me in a corner if you like)

Moderator's Reply:
    Thanks for the offer but we only use Stephen King staff as moderators for the Message Board. Once you have enough posts, you will be able to participate in the Social Groups section which is open to members 24/7.

Default I demand

An emoticon for

:P

That is all.

Default Re: I demand

Do you mean this?
    If so, just click on the emoticon icon and then Show All Smilies and it's in the list.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120121 Firefox/3.0.5

howdy all---- on the skin designs

1-) the classic has the most width can we not increase the text box widths of the others? I feel easier to see stuff etc...more on one screen etc.

2) the color on the classic is drab--ancient gray--mayhaps a nicer classic color? or some added in color?I know classic is like classic but mayhaps classic with a twist of color?

3) I am jealous that when I am (I like to change the skins every now and than Classic, dark tower etc, )---but JAKE the bird is only good on classic... we need jake on all boards!

ok i am done for now
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 811FFTBSTE(%toolbar_id)

whoops meant default view.. not classic on last post :-)
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 811FFTBSTE(%toolbar_id)

Question Re: Message Board Suggestions

I'm back! Soooooo, on albums and picture uploads...the compress feature on the board is uhhh lacking... and it is so much easier to load pictures to photobucket or other websites than post as oppossed to uploading into an album.

i do not want to have to go on my computer and edit every pix down to 600 by 600 than post to my album to our .

so is there a way or a reason to not allow us to paste direct url links from photobucket or other web pix site , as opposed from our PC a compressed file upload into our albums?

again thanks for being so open to suggestions on this board!
    Moderator's Reply:
    Long story short, we can't easily keep track of what would be posted via url (it would be a lot more work). We don't want to bog down our server too much with images uploaded to the board simply because we want to be able to keep rolling out newer (and cooler) features to the site as a whole.

-- Jordan

Ok---

1- but the pix are moderated and we can paste url's in threads---but i gotcha about the url security -changing and server needs etc. This is your decision and achmed respect a that!

sooooooooo, any chance on making the picture compressor work better? for me about 10% of the time it works... does not make sense why fails soo mucho...

thankee Sai Jordan!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast