This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Message Board Suggestions

Default Re: Website Suggestions

You should list all the conversations from newest to oldest. This would put all the new comments on the first page and all the old comments on the last. This would save time from having to go to the last page to see what the conversation is all about.
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; GTB5; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506)
    Moderator's Reply:
    You can adjust your viewing preferences from within User CP -> Edit Options under Thread Display Mode. If you're talking about some other section, please be more precise.

-- Jordan

Default Re: The Office Suggestions

I dont know if this has been answered but why arent there any SK avatars?
    Or how about making SK smileys??

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; GTB5; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506)

Default Re: Message Board Suggestions

Jordan, thank you for the THANK YOU Button. Is there anyway to have a WELCOME button - so we can say Hi and welcome using a button. We would only need to post if they asked for help or a question.

Am enjoying all the new improvements
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506)

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Jordan, thank you for the THANK YOU Button. Is there anyway to have a WELCOME button - so we can say Hi and welcome using a button. We would only need to post if they asked for help or a question.

Am enjoying all the new improvements
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506)
    I was working on this last week. It should be functioning now.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

What a coolio little adaptation Jordan. Very well done.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6

I would like to suggest that these little message boxes that we type our messages into, stop after they've reached their maximum number of characters.

Instead of getting a post up that says, "The text that you have entered is too long (30373 characters). Please shorten it to 6000 characters long.", we would just loose the ability to type beyond that 6000 characters, or every character we typed after 6000 would become character 6000 like the message areas in ebay work, or something to that effect.

I just figured this might help a bit on trimming down on longer posts, by knowing what the default maximum is before we push that 'submit' button.

Just a suggestion! Thanks!
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
    Moderator's Reply:
    Probably not going to happen. Most people don't exceed 6k.

-- Jordan

Talking

Hey Jordan oh Gr8 Webmaster(yes buttering up first

Any way we can get more controls for our albums in our profiles?

1-) Can we select the albums to display in our main profile page? meaning default is 2 albums display unless u hit show all albums to see. believe it uses LIFO.. can we select what albums to display so not LIFO just what we want?

2-) Within the album most other sites have a selection to make one picture the album cover--again here it is LIFO picture.. any way to add this? SO if we add to an album the one we want to dispay is in there we have to delete and-or re-add it in as the last..

thankee oh great webmaster !!!
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 811FFTBSTE(%toolbar_id)

whoops delete the album cover comment ///

me duh!

it is in there already (gr8 work jordan haha) so just pls advise on the what to display on the profile page one

thankee
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 811FFTBSTE(%toolbar_id)
    Moderator's Reply:
    I'll take a look into albums on profiles, but I'm not making any promises.

-- Jordan

Just use less words!
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Jordan, I wanted to thank you...
    New buttons for greetings and Thanks.
    We members can just click our mouses
    To Welcome new folks to our ranks.

But, sometimes I find that those buttons
    Don't say what I wanted to say.
    It's not Thanks or Welcomes I'd offer
    But laughter I'd like to convey.

I know that you guys are quite busy
    But wondered if you'd ever thought
    If, maybe, a click for a giggle
    Would cut down on postings a lot?

I guess I could just use the thank you
    And hope that the person will know
    My Thanks for their post is intended
    To signify laughter. But, no...

People here post things so funny
    I laugh at inopportune times
    And coffee spews out of my nostrils
    I choke 'til I start to hear chimes.

For this I should offer a thank you?
    I'm practically dead on the floor.
    So, would you consider a
    Or is it too much of a chore?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6
    Moderator's Reply:
    Maybe. I'll add it to the list of potential additions.

-- Jordan

I like what i see, the improvements are great your making it easy to use this site. I would like a place to go to see how to make the words scroll across amongst other things. I know, i'm not the most computer savvy person and if there was a place for beginners it would be handy.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.2.1 Safari/525.27.1

Moderator's Reply:
    I think you're referring to the Marquee. You need to first go into Go Advanced mode which will then give you more editing options. You'll see an animated icon which reads Marquee. First select the words you want to scroll and then click the Marquee icon. Use the Preview Changes button (below the text box) to make sure it works.

We're working on a more in-depth FAQ for how the Board functions.
    Moderator's Reply:
    Actually, there's already a breakdown of all of the BB Code functions. Click the BB Code link in Posting Rules (at the bottom of the entry box) for a complete list with examples of how to use them.

-- Jordan

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast