This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Website Suggestions

Default Re: Website Suggestions

Because unlike the public side of the Board which requires moderation, the Social Groups are available 24/7 so discussions can be held more in "real time".
    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2

How about a section devoted to the audiobook versions of SK's stuff? I am a big fan of the audiobooks and have noticed several discussions about them.
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30618)

Default Re: Website Suggestions - Updated list of Mr. King's favorite books?

I recently bought a copy of "Danse Macabre" from 1981 just to get the second appendix - the list of the 100 (more or less) horror/fantasy books by others that Mr. King found to be most significant.

I would love to see that list posted on the site (and would really be over the moon if he were to update this at some point with a second more recent list).

When I first read DM in the early to mid 1980's, it was a library copy. I copied the list but couldn't find many of the books and hadn't read more than about 7 before I lost the list. Now that I am on computer and it is much easier to find books, I'm thinking I should try again. Some of the books Mr. King listed I never would have chanced on myself and they were very good.

[I think the same request might be made about the first appendix, which listed what he thought were significant or favorite films].

If I have duplicated someone else's request, please just point me in the right direction for an answer. I didn't see this in the FAQ.
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Question ? Why can't I post a link to my web page I started or give that information in my posting ?
    I see where other stuff is allowed to be posted on replies ? you know PT Barnum was a tireless promoter.
    Anway I don't think I could really steal any of his die hard fans anyway , maybe borrow ?

I just FaQued so we are not allowed to post website addresses on SK.com message board that is not other wise SK
    related ?

Quote Originally Posted by carolina Queen View Post
    Question ? Why can't I post a link to my web page I started or give that information in my posting ?
    I see where other stuff is allowed to be posted on replies ? you know PT Barnum was a tireless promoter.
    Anway I don't think I could really steal any of his die hard fans anyway , maybe borrow ?

I just FaQued so we are not allowed to post website addresses on SK.com message board that is not other wise SK
    related ?
    We have a policy of no self-promotion because we're trying to keep down the amount of spam. We do allow posts to other web sites than those directly related to Steve or one of his projects but it has to be in the context of the post and is considered on a case-by-case basis. Again, this is so that posters here don't have to deal with spam. Because of the potential for links getting a lot of traffic by being posted on a site like Steve's, we have more than a few people trying to use it for those purposes.

Well I understand that . Anyway I do have a listing . I have links on a couple of web sites I am which my poetry appears . So I am hoping to get a 3rd
    web site to add my link , I know he probably will he does that kind of thing people the web site owner affiliates with and publishes .
    Its no real great concern according to stats I seem to be getting pretty good traffic coming through . It would just be a cool thing .

I have been totally uable to find a chronological list of all of King's works ANYWHERE! Wait, read on:
    Here's what I mean: for example, Roadwork, Danse Macabre, and Cujo were all published in 1981; but which one came first? second? last? - SK.com claims that virtually ALL books (with a very few exceptions) were published in December of a particular year, which is patently not true. So, it would be great if someone cleared up that mess. Otherwise, one has to rely on Wikipedia, which is itself inconsistent and highly suspect source-wise.

The month of publication has been listed here, although I do notice there are some that need to be updated. In some cases we don't have the month of publication listed as we didn't have it readily available. The December date appears to be a glitch we need to fix as it is putting in that month as a default date on some of the indices.

Default Re: What about a fan-art section ?

I'd appreciate it. The work has inspired mine. Why not share?

First off, great site! Using vBulletin was a great choice! I have two issues and that is quite rare for me.
    1) It seems to me that this site uses a lot of Java which slows my anemic PC down, even though I am running Ubuntu/Linux.
    2) I wish there was an official wallpaper download area. Specifically, I would love to have the girl that advertises WKIT. Same background with the WKIT carved in her hand. I think she's kinda hot...is that weird?
    The second suggestion/hint was actually my reason for posting, but I figured I'd mention the first because Firefox hung for a couple of seconds getting here.
    Keep up the good work! The only other sites that I know of that run vBulletin is http://ubuntuforums.org/ and http://www.linuxquestions.org/. Both of which are exceptional sites.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast