Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The Office Problem Resolution

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office Problem Resolution

Exclamation The Office Problem Resolution

Any problems, errors, etc. within The Office should be posted into this thread.

Some guidelines & FAQ answers:
    1. You do not need to log in to use The Office.
    2. You cannot log in - or create an account - until you have found and correctly answered ten questions.
    3. You may not give any answers to any questions or locations of items on the board. If you really must, use email or a PM.
    4. There are currently 123 questions in The Office.
    5. It takes 10 correct answers to move up a level.
    6. There are no levels above Platinum.
    7. Spelling, spacing and phrasing matter in the answers. Capitalization does not.
    8. If you are convinced that your answer should be counted as correct, send me a PM with the question and answer exactly as you are entering it. If the answer should be correct, I'll add it to the game as a correct answer.

This list will be updated over time.

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Default Re: The Office Problem Resolution

i`ve been trying,can`t get it to work
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)
    Moderator's Reply:
    I'm afraid that's a little too ambiguous. What are you trying, and what doesn't work?

--Jordan

OK, so I am at the point where I am stuck on a few questions, and I think it is probably mostly about how I phrase the answers. I enter my answer and hit submit, and it tells me my answer is wrong. So I go up to hit the "close window" and before I hit it I noticed something- the question changed. I was answering the one about the excised prologue, and it changed to who first saw the ghost. It has happened more than once, so I don't think it is just me reading it wrong or wishful err, keyboarding. Is it possible that maybe this is why some of the one word answers won't take? Thanks.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.2.1 Safari/525.27.1
    Moderator's Reply:
    I'm going to have to try to duplicate this error before I can really give you an answer.

--Jordan

I couldn't get back out of Stephen's office to see if I missed something somewhere else after I figured everything out. Do I need to start over?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4
    Moderator's Reply:
    If you closed The Office before creating an account, you will have to start over. The only way to get out of Stephen's office is to back out. We'll see if we can make the navigation a little easier in the future.

--Jordan

The only way to get out of Stephen's office is to back out

I love this line. You don't want to turn you back on Steve.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4

I answered the 2nd question about the pie, the one about the radio station, and even looked it up. It says my answer is wrong. How can that be? it is answered on page 295 of the corresponding book. What is up with that?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4
    Moderator's Reply:
    The correct answer is the four letter call sign of the station...

--Jordan

Whil in the Office, I click on the tab "Map of Stephen King's Maine" (as I might want to do while searhing for an answer to the question about what county Derry is in, for example) it blows away my office session (and all of the answers I had entered). This has happened to me twice, once without being logged in, and then again later after I had attained "Silver" status.
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1)
    Moderator's Reply:
    Does the map open? Do you have JavaScript enabled in your browser? Is your browser blocking pop-ups from this domain?

-- Jordan

Hello Jordan. Hope this gets to you. I'm wondering how many levels there are in the Office? I've answered 50 questions and am at the Platinum level. Thanks for your time.
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; AT&T CSM9.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; NET_mmhpset)
    Moderator's Reply:
    There are currently no levels beyond Platinum. We may add more in the future.

-- Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by w666 View Post
    Whil in the Office, I click on the tab "Map of Stephen King's Maine" (as I might want to do while searhing for an answer to the question about what county Derry is in, for example) it blows away my office session (and all of the answers I had entered). This has happened to me twice, once without being logged in, and then again later after I had attained "Silver" status.
    Moderator's Reply:
    Does the map open? Do you have JavaScript enabled in your browser? Is your browser blocking pop-ups from this domain?

-- Jordan

Hi Jordan, at first my browser (IE 7.0) blocks the pop-up (the default case)and asks me what I want to do. It is when I select "Temporarily allow pop-ups" that the office is blown away and the map is in its place. The next time in the same session it works normally. Perhaps I should "allways allow pop-ups from this site", but it maybe you could also warn me to do so before I enter the office? In any case, it still shouldn't fail unrecoverably.

Will

Oh...and "Yes" to java
    Moderator's Reply:
    This appears to be an Internet Explorer 7+ specific error. I frankly won't install IE7 on this computer, although I have it on another, and I'll see if we can add a disclaimer to the site. This IE-specific error doesn't fail unrecoverably since the map does open. The map opening in the same window is essentially what MS considers a graceful degradation. Being that the map is currently launched from JavaScript triggered from within a Flash environment, we don't really have control over throwing an error if you've got pop-ups blocked. The map will be within The Office itself in the near future and will make this IE error a moot point. Until that time, allowing all pop-up from stephenking.com (which is entirely ad free) is my suggested course of action.

-- Jordan

Hi. Great to be back again. Phew, I finally found all the items and answered all the questions in phase 1. It told me that I moved on to the next level. Now what do I do? I went to the office again, to look for the next series of items but it just starts me back at phase 1. Am I doing something wrong? Your help would be greatly appreciated. I am having a blast with this.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.18; nse) Gecko/20081107 Firefox/2.0.0.18 Flock/1.2.7
    Moderator's Reply:
    Did you create an account at the end of the Bronze level? If so, you just need to log in; if not, you'll need to complete the Bronze level again.

The Office itself is in Phase 1. That welcome message will not change until we update the application itself to Phase 2.

--Jordan

ok..got it thank you. Probably I should stop doin it so late at night. lol.Brain cramps.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.18; nse) Gecko/20081107 Firefox/2.0.0.18 Flock/1.2.7

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast