Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Just After Sunset. What do you guys think of it

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just After Sunset. What do you guys think of it

Default Just After Sunset. What do you guys think of it

I got the hardcover for christmas but havent gotten around to it since I'm busy doing a Star Wars novel marathon where I've been reading from the Darth Bane books and up to Heir to the Empire. Plus I still have the Hand of Thrawn duology books and Vector Prime which I also had bought from Barnes and Noble during November.

Anywayz back to Just After Sunset. Just wondering what you guys think of the stories. The Cat from Hell I know very well since its in Tales from the Darkside the Movie

Default Re: Just After Sunset. What do you guys think of it

Loved it, blew through it pretty quick.

I'm loving it--I'm almost finished, and kinda wish it would keep going

Haven't read it yet. Almost done with the Talisman and will get back to Black House. LRH will be next in line.

wow! Now that was a page turner. I started reading it and could not put it down until I was finished. It was a breath of fresh air after reading Liseys Story. That took me forever to get through the first 100 pages and then I couldnt take it anymore. It didnt seem to have been written by King. Maybe Tabitha wrote it.

Hello and welcome to the board!

Loved it. N. in particular. Doesn't get much better.

I am really enjoying it so far, not too far along tho only at Rest Stop. The first two had a hard time putting the book down. I am still reading Wizard and Glass as well, so I try not to spend too much time on JAS

I really enjoyed it. I liked them all, but my favorites were N., and Harvey's Dream. I like the short story collections. To me when I get a novel it has the feel of a gift on Christmas morning. So it's all the better with the short story collections-there are several gifts wrapped up for me to open and discover. I also feel like I've accomplished a goal after reading a novel. So with the short stories I get to achieve several goals. May sound silly, but that's how I look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by nowshere View Post
    wow! Now that was a page turner. I started reading it and could not put it down until I was finished. It was a breath of fresh air after reading Liseys Story. That took me forever to get through the first 100 pages and then I couldnt take it anymore. It didnt seem to have been written by King. Maybe Tabitha wrote it.
    Ouch! Harsh closing comment, don't you think?

For me, the overall quality in JAS wasn't as high as in his other short story collections - though if he 'lost the knack', it's more understandable. It seemed (and reading between the lines, it was the case) that some of them had been lying around and getting in the way a little, either as written stories or as ideas, and JAS was a way of tidying up. The fact that SK's 'tidying up' is still publishable material that people want to read speaks volumes, though!
    There were standouts (N., for example), but it was no Skeleton Crew.
    IMHO, of course.

Re: Just After Sunset. What do you guys think of it

I absolutely loved The Cat from Hell, and actually creeped me out. Especially when my kitty came in the room, and jumped on the bed. I really liked Mute, A Very Tight Place, and Willa even though I've heard alot of people complain about Willa. N. in my opinion is the single best short story SK has ever written. It was amazing...I felt like I was reading a modern day Lovecraft. I enjoyed Just After Sunset alot, but I can't say that it will ever beat out Everything's Eventual for me even with N. in its pages.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast