Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Message Board Problem Resolution

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Message Board Problem Resolution

Exclamation Message Board Problem Resolution

As the old thread was entitled "new board," I figured it was time to start a new thread.

Please post any problems you experience with the board in this thread.

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes

In the Read any good books lately it says Bred instead of Read, just letting you know.

Moderator's Reply:
    That's on purpose, not a mistake.

Might I inquire why?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5
    Moderator's Reply:
    It's actually the title of an anthology in which Stephen participated and I liked the play on words for this Forum. Before anyone asks, I don't remember what Stephen's contribution was for this book and can't find a copy to look it up. So far, I haven't had any luck with the internet search either.

Default Re: Message Board Problem Resolution

Steve's punny story was called "For the Birds"

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; GTB5; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648)

Hey J any update on fixing the default font color and size (text formatting) for when people leave a message on your profile?

Reminder: only way is for a person when leaving the message to customize their own message--that works..

so if you have a dark background and someone leaves a message when they are typing it in the box it appears as the profile owner wants it--but than displays in generic black text...

this is an oldie...issue that to my knowledge was never fixed..or was it?

thanks!!!

Ps all the new stuff is gr8! mucho thankee!

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 811FFTBSTE(%toolbar_id)
    Moderator's Reply:
    I may have a solution. I'll try implementing it later in the week.

-- Jordan

Post Re: Message Board Problem Resolution

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right spot for this, I just had a question. I uploaded a couple of pictures the other day that haven't been approved. No rush or anything, I know you have more to do than approve pictures! I was just curious if they had to remain in the moderated state for a certain amount of time. Thanks!
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; Media Center PC 5.0)

I don't get automatically notified when someone posts a picture so have to remember to go to that section to check which I try to do at least 2 or 3 times a day but sometimes forget when I get busy.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120121 Firefox/3.0.5

Jordan, no rush, as there are more important things to take care of... some of us are experiencing a "problem" with receiving PM notifications in our emails. For me it started late Saturday- This morning I found several of yesterdays PM in my email box, but not all , and in a weird order. Today, thus far, I am getting none.

I did check my user CP and the box is checked and I have changed nothing.
    Thank you.
    Love and green lights!!
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506)

Hi.
    I would like to know why our posts and threads dissaper after a while.

When I click on my statistics and then on. lets say, find all threads started by Srbo, not all of them are there anymore.
    Neither are all posts.

Why is that ? How come they get deleted ?

On many MB`s members have thousands and thousands of posts, and when you search for them, they are all there, no matter how long ago they were posted.

Not here though.

Why ?

Thanks.
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; UGES 1.7.2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Jordan, no rush, as there are more important things to take care of... some of us are experiencing a "problem" with receiving PM notifications in our emails. For me it started late Saturday- This morning I found several of yesterdays PM in my email box, but not all , and in a weird order. Today, thus far, I am getting none.

I did check my user CP and the box is checked and I have changed nothing.
    Thank you.
    Love and green lights!!
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506)
    Yahoo has temporarily blocked messages from our server because they received complaints from some users about receiving the newsletter.

Quote Originally Posted by Srbo View Post
    Hi.
    I would like to know why our posts and threads dissaper after a while.

When I click on my statistics and then on. lets say, find all threads started by Srbo, not all of them are there anymore.
    Neither are all posts.

Why is that ? How come they get deleted ?

On many MB`s members have thousands and thousands of posts, and when you search for them, they are all there, no matter how long ago they were posted.

Not here though.

Why ?

Thanks.
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; UGES 1.7.2.0)
    Posts get pruned over time so that we can free up resources.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes

Thank you Jordan. Haven't those complaining users anything better to do
    Love and green lights!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast