This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Very Underrated

Default Very Underrated

In my opinion the first great theatrical film of King's work. Carrie was good, and i was never a big fan of the Shining. But the Dead Zone hit a home run. Christopher Walken was fantastic as John Smith. My only complaint was that it left out the whole wheel of fortune segment. But a great film nonetheless.

The movie often gets overlooked when listed the best adaptations of King's work.

Default Re: Very Underrated

Totally agree with you. Due to circumstances largely outwith my control, "The Dead Zone" was the first SK novel I ever read, and it's what effectively turned me on to the man himself.

The movie adapatation is also a fine piece of work. Given the right role, Christopher Walken is an awesome actor, IMO.

My favourite of all Stephen King movie adaptions and a film I never get tired of watching. Christopher Walken nails the part of John Smith and David Cronenberg gives the movie enough of his trademark weirdness without taking away too much from the story. One of my favourite SK books as well.

Where the Summer storms never hit hard enough.

Needed more cowbell.

BJS

I`ve just seen it for the first time tonighte.

Awesome movie, Cronenberg as the director, Walken as the lead - what can go wrong there ?

The movie was done in 1983, but it`s still far better than a lot of todays` Hollywood movies.

Great flick!

I agree. It's one of the King adaptations that has gone unseen by too many. In contrast to Kubrick's version of The Shining I think Cronenberg was more faithful to the spirit of King's novel.

Many people do not like this movie.....I do.... really.... I like Christopher Walken anyway..
    he's so bizarre....

I have seen it so many times I know the script. Christopher Walken melts me.

I also loved the book, and the Movie, The Dead Zone. Walken was fabulous. I too dont understand how it is not more popular. It was a compeling story.

I also think that The Dead Zone tv show was way underrated. I think it should have been on a major network like NBC. (The Dead Zone was certainly way better than any of the garbage they usually have on!) I can't believe that it got canceled after just 6 seasons!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast