This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert R McCammon

Default Robert R McCammon

Anyone else familiar with McCammon? fans of IT could do a lot worse than his novel Boy's Life, which I read last summer. For a great evocation of childhood in small town America (plus thriller/horror), I've not read better since I read IT back in 1989.

Here's a synopsis (contains spoilers):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy's_Life_(novel)

You might have to copy and paste to go directly to the link, otherwise you will probably get the Wiki disambiguation.

Default Re: Robert R McCammon

Hi,

Yes indeed, my 2nd favourite 'horror' writer, I like Mine, Blue World and Swan Song too.

And looking into my crystal ball Patricia A. will be in this thread shortly LOL

Long days and pleasant nights

I read Boys Life when it came out. It was great. Around the same time I read Summer of Night by Dan Simmons, which could be a twin.

I've got Swan Song on my Amazon wish list as it's meant to be in a similar vein to The Stand. One of the best horror novels I've read is Graham Masterton's Walkers - superb book.

His last couple of novels have been historical mysteries -- he has another one coming out later on this year. They're great books, definitely worth checking out.

I just finished Boy's Life a couple of days ago, and now I put it in my top ten (nonSK) books. I already miss the characters.
    But on the same day I finished it, I ordered two more of his books, so they're on the way!

Robert McCammon is one of the best wordslingers out there IMO.
    He's got a new book coming out in Oct. "Mister Slaughter," it's the third installment of the Matthew Corbett series.
    The others are "Speaks the Nightbird," and "The Queen of Bedlam," really killer stuff!
    LOL John D, you got it right.
    Now where's the Goathunter?

I'm currently reading The Queen of Bedlam in preparation for Mr. Slaughter this fall. Swan Song is a great book ... highly recommend it.

Wow I checked out the synopsis and that indeed looks excellent. I'm going to try to pick it up this weekend, thanks a bunch.

I'm here, Patricia!

It's looking like Mister Slaughter is more likely to appear in December or in January 2010. But it's definitely coming.

I recently created a new website to help promote the Matthew Corbett series by McCammon: Matthew Corbett's World

Hunter

Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast