Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Remake The Green Mile

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remake The Green Mile

Question Remake The Green Mile

First I want to say the book was absolutely awesome! It was so full of suspense and emotions. I didn't know whether to cry or laugh most of the time. It was an incredible book. I even posted on my facebook page that I just read the best book ever. That's when people started telling me about the movie. I was so excited to watch it.

Then when I watched it I was very disappointed. It lacked all the emotions captured in the book. It left out sceens. It moved sceens around. It was just very disappointing.

I wonder if you have ever thought of remaking the movie. The actor who played John Coffey was ok but he looked too mean. When I read the book I was picturing a very big black guy who looked harmless but because he was black he was mistaken for the killer. And Tom Hanks was not the best actor to play Paul. I knew that before I even watched the movie. Del was good and so was Wild Bill but the movie didn't let us get to know Del the way the book did and his accent was too fake. When I read the book I was sad when Del was executed. The movie didn't capture that. And the story of the mouse needed to be used more in the movie. The mouse played a huge part in the book but not so much in the movie. I think you should consider a remake using different actors-even if they are not well known actors-to get the charactors right. And what happened to Brad Dolan? He may not have been a big part of the book but he helped tell the story.

I also think a great theme song for a remake could be Daughtry's song called No Surprise. Every time I hear that song I think of the book and it reminds me of all the emotions I felt while reading it.

I don't really expect you to remake this movie just because I didn't like it. But it would be nice to see a new version. I see that the people on here loved the movie and I wonder how many of the actually read the book. I know the movie would have to be very long to capture everything that was in the book. But I watched Rose Red-how long was that, like 5 hours. It was a great story. This movie could have been so much better. I was kind of embarrassed because I told my husband how great the book was. I said if the movie is as good as the book I'll be crying like a baby before it's all over. Unfortunately it wasn't.

Please consider remaking this movie with a better producer and better actors for the charactors.

Default Re: Remake The Green Mile

Hi,

Welcome to the MB.

Read the book in monthly parts and several re-reads since.

Couldn't disagree more, LOVE the movie!

Long days and pleasant nights

AWJDS (and what JD said) I loved loved the movie --still do!

the acting was superb and I loved john Coffey. portrayed by one of the largest dudes u will ever see, and yet so gentle --he did a gr8 job... and no need IMO for remake ..

different strokes as they say..but think most like the movie

cheers

What, are you kidding? The Green Mile is one of the best adaptations ever (not just Stephen King), and a great film. You should stop expecting a carbon copy of the book, when you're watching an adaptation. Something like that will never happen. Small characters like Brad Dolan aren't even that important in the novel, so why should they be included in the movie? People already get Paul is essentially walking his own Mile. They don't need to see a 'Percy' character to get that explained.
    Every actor was great in his role, especially Michael Clarke Duncan. If you didn't cry at the end or feel sad for Del at his execution I honestly don't know what to say to you. Instead of wanting people who liked it to read the book again, you should watch the film again a little less biased.

I agree. I loved the movie. I don't think they could have done any better. Of course, movies are NEVER as good as Mr. Kings books!

Loved the book! Loved the movie!
    How can you not cry when John Coffey heals the warden Hal Moore's wife, and they're talking about her x-rays, and Paul says to Hall, "There was no tumor." When the warden breaks down, looking at his beautiful, healed wife, I always bawl my eyes out.
    Beautiful interpretation and acting, IMO.

I didn't really expect anyone to agree with me. I'm just stating my opinion. It seems like I'm the only one who really didn't care for the movie version Even friends here at home think I'm nuts. I now feel like Elane on Seinfeld when she disagreed with everyone about a movie. I'm not trying to offend anyone, especially Mr. King himself. I was just so disappointed after watching this movie. I wanted to find out if anyone felt the same way. So far I'm still an outcast

Quote Originally Posted by 79trm View Post
    I wanted to find out if anyone felt the same way.
    I don't think you'll have much luck
    I have to completely disagree with you. I loved the movie! Glad to see you're at least holding strong on your opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by 79trm View Post
    I didn't really expect anyone to agree with me. I'm just stating my opinion. It seems like I'm the only one who really didn't care for the movie version Even friends here at home think I'm nuts. I now feel like Elane on Seinfeld when she disagreed with everyone about a movie. I'm not trying to offend anyone, especially Mr. King himself. I was just so disappointed after watching this movie. I wanted to find out if anyone felt the same way. So far I'm still an outcast
    You're not an outcast! Just a lone voice in this case... Keep on posting and keep expressing your opinion. We all benefit from the ensuing discussion.

Nothing wrong at all with having a difference of opinion, but I have to say. . . . . . the movie rocks!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast