Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Any Good?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Good?

Default Any Good?

I'm getting ready to start this book. Anyone have any thoughts?

Default Re: Any Good?

Have you already read The Talisman?

Some may say you need to read the Talisman first, but I did not find this to be so. I read Black house so long after Talisman that it wouldn't have made any difference. So I went and re read Takisman after Black House and it STILL didn't make any difference. But the Black House was really good and dark, and full of good characters.ENJOY !

This book rules! A warning though... it starts out real slow, so stick with it and you wont be disappointed. This book contains, IMO some of the scariest stuff King has done. And no, you dont hafta read talisman first. Happy reading!

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    This book rules! A warning though... it starts out real slow, so stick with it and you wont be disappointed. This book contains, IMO some of the scariest stuff King has done. And no, you dont hafta read talisman first. Happy reading!
    Agreed, I have just started reading it again for the second time. The first time was when it first came out in hardcover. I remember from my first time reading it that I REALLY liked it. When I started it again about a week ago I couldn't believe how slow it started. I am about 175 pages in and it's finally starting to get REAL good and REAL intriguing.

The first time I read it, was indeed way behind The Talisman and at first I couldn't put my finger on the fact that the main character seemed so familiar.. Then a few chapters later, it hit me..

I have read it again, directly after The Talisman, but IMO you don't have to read it subsequently.

But it's a good book. I liked it.. but beware or the fisherman will make another catch.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJimVt View Post
    Agreed, I have just started reading it again for the second time. The first time was when it first came out in hardcover. I remember from my first time reading it that I REALLY liked it. When I started it again about a week ago I couldn't believe how slow it started. I am about 175 pages in and it's finally starting to get REAL good and REAL intriguing.
    Just got done with this book a day before Thanksgiving. I was simply amazed to see how right you and brandon are--the book does start out really slow; it doesn't start picking up for me until somewhere in the middle of "The taking of Tyler Marshall." I'm not used to such a slow start in anything King gets involved with.

Towards the end of the book is where I found it was hard to put down.

Started reading "From A Buick 8" and I feel right back at home in some comfortable house slippers. I'll talk about that one in it's thread when I'm done with it.

I think you should - it's an excellent story with some interesting twists and turns. But to be frank, I'd probabely say that about almost any Stephen King book you'd mention...

Loved it. I never really became a fan of The Talisman (haveŽnt finished it yet), but I really enjoyed Black House.

The Talisman is one of my favorite King books, so I was really happy when Black House came out. Of the two, The Talsiman is my favorite. You don't have to read it first...it had been years in between them when I first read Black House, and I still enjoyed it. That said, I later read them one after the other, and that was pretty cool!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast