This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally saw this.

Default Finally saw this.

Sci Fi Channel showed this movie on Christmas Day so I took advantage and recorded it. Missed it when it was first aired. Watched it the other day and was very impressed. It's been a long time since I read the book but the movie was so good it all started to come back to me. Glad I got to see this.

Default Re: Finally saw this.

Desperation is near the top of my list for King stories. Johnny Marinville and Collie Entragian are two of my favourite King characters. I watched the movie a few months back on Sci~Fi, had always avoided it as I feared disappointment. But all in all, it ain't that bad. Ron Perlman did a great job as Collie IMO. I would definitely watch it again, although would be better without the damn advertisements...maybe on DVD next time.

I had just re-read the book when I finally caught it on scifi. I found it flawed but enjoyable.

This came on today on the sci fi channel, i dvr'd it to watch later. I loved the book and had been wantin to see this but kept missin it. Ron pearlman is great in everything he does so thats a big plus also.

Quote Originally Posted by edkemper View Post
    This came on today on the sci fi channel, i dvr'd it to watch later. I loved the book and had been wantin to see this but kept missin it. Ron pearlman is great in everything he does so thats a big plus also.
    Me too. I hate commercials so I DVR'd it yesterday too. That way I can jump over the ads.
    I watched it this afternoon. Very good movie. I didn't remember the story so it was all new again.

I've watched the movie today. I liked it. It's a really good movie, and it even scared me in a way. I don't know if it's going to be one of my favorite movies but I watched it with pleasure and maybe I will watch it again some day (especially I'll be happy to rewatch it if I manage to get it in DVD and watch it without commercials )

The part for me that I really did not like is how different the scenes with Audrey were

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Desperation is near the top of my list for King stories. Johnny Marinville and Collie Entragian are two of my favourite King characters. I watched the movie a few months back on Sci~Fi, had always avoided it as I feared disappointment. But all in all, it ain't that bad. Ron Perlman did a great job as Collie IMO. I would definitely watch it again, although would be better without the damn advertisements...maybe on DVD next time.
    I absolutely loved the book, but found the movie disappointing - I suppose because so much of the detail you get in the book was missing, which is inevitable in a way. But when you see what a fantastic television adaptation they were able to make of "the Stand" - to me this just didnt compare in quality.

I didn't like the movie that much- again it comes to a book with gore and coarse language and television "cleaning it up". Desperation would have been way better as a major motion picture. IMO.

Loved the book, liked teh film. I thought it was ace that King sid the screen play and exec producing too made it more of a King film :P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast