This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Since you read Stephen King, you must be a freak because Stephen King is." NOT TRUE!

Angry "Since you read Stephen King, you must be a freak because Stephen King is." NOT TRUE!

Many people may think that, but they are so crazy. I'm glad to meet many other "freaks" like me who love SK and his books. Here is something that happened which you might find intresting from stephen king. I found it on http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/...s_1006443.html if you want more information.
    “I’m in the supermarket one day with my cart, and there’s this woman, about 95, the New York Post quoted him, as saying.
    She says, ‘I know who you are. You write those stories, those awful horror stories . . . I don’t like that. I like uplifting movies like that ‘Shawshank Redemption.
    So I said, ‘I wrote that.’ And she said, ‘No, you didn’t.’ And that was it. Talk about surreal. I went to myself, for a minute, ‘It’s not very much like my other stuff. Maybe I didn’t write it!’

I thought it was hilarious to see it, so I thought you would enjoy it.
    <Stephen King RULES!!!>

Default Re: "Since you read Stephen King, you must be a freak because Stephen King is." NOT T

Yeah, it's a crack up! I always enjoy people's addle-pated patter when they meet the King(and don't know it)...kinda like me, having been in radio for so many years-I still have people come up to me and say-"You sure don't look like you sound!"-not sure whether to laugh or be cheesed off...

Default Re: "Since you read Stephen King, you must be a freak because Stephen King is." NOT T

Ahhh yes....Self questioning. My favorite thing to do. And, often.

Does that mean if I read the Bible I'm God?!

Hmmm...I don't THINK so. However, the people who WROTE the Bible weren't actually God. So.....

So true, some people try to put a stigma or at least a weirdness on SK books, meanwhile he is the most popular author so there must be a lot of freaks out there! I remember when our local newspaper posted an article about my over-the-top Halloween decorations I put in our front yard every year. They had to mention that I am "a big fan of Stephen King", as if that explained why I was doing this!

My Mum often says that "he must be a bit twisted". I'm like "that's bollocks!" King's not twisted, he's just good at what he does! I mean, he looks and sounds like a completely normal guy!

I found this rather funny. The everyday occurrence to real life people. I will continue to be a freak as long as king continues to write.

Haha! Guess I'm a freak...i can live with that.

A desert somewhere in California. Please send water.

How does that saying go, "The Freaks shall inherit the earth...?"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast