Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
dolan's cadillac

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dolan's cadillac

Default dolan's cadillac

hi. came across some more "blue and yellow" here in dolan's cadillac. "the blue and the yellow the ones turn the starter." so said tink, or his more formal name, tinker, the humongous black bulldozer operator who likes mcdonald's fruit pies.

so, i looked. did an "advanced search" for "blue and yellow". one thing came up, some locked thread about gay marriage, all the and words highlighted in...red, i think. didn't go through all 12 pages to see if "blue and yellow" was there, combined. put the words in " " marks.

why those colors? wireman's beach scooter has blue and yellow stripes, i think. and the boy in deadzone, the one with the blue and yellow snowsuit.
    what happens if you mix blue and yellow? remember doing that w/crayons? green maybe? dunno, maybe another thread destined to slink into the hallway of doom, along w/ most of my other threads.

anyway, the blue and the yellow here have to do w/wires. red and green go together, like christmas, as tinker tells robinson...what is his first name? dunno if i caught it. so, that/s it then.

bye.

Default Re: dolan's cadillac

hmmmm.... what did you say that green meant in the auras of "Insomnia"? Better go look.....

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    hmmmm.... what did you say that green meant in the auras of "Insomnia"? Better go look.....
    Ok, found it. Yellow&blue= green. You thought green might mean confusion and paranoia in Insomnia. It seems to fit with what was going on in dolans caddy.

I have a few thoughts about : Dolan's Cadillac

First, I have read 'Danse Macabre' about twenty-five years ago, and there is something SK said in that that has always stuck in my mind. That is that all the really good stories have already been told and it is up to us to (more or less) contemporize those tales. So, in that light, Dolan's Cadillac is merely E.A. Poe's 'Cask of Amontillado' retold, with the stakes raised a bit.

Second, what bothers me is that in the endnotes of Nightmares and Dreamscapes SK speaks at length about his inspiration and genesis of that story, but never once nods to Poe.

Third, the excuse I proffer to all the people that tell me I should be a writer goes back to point one.

I can and could retread a ****load of crap, but why bother: to make money? Feh...it goes to insult.

Why does the above post remind me of that fox and those grapes he could almost reach?

And more than that, why on earth would someone with such obvious disdain for writers who "retread a ****load of crap" bother reading anything at all?

Curiouser and curiouser.

Why does the above post remind me of that fox and those grapes he could almost reach?

And more than that, why on earth would someone with such obvious disdain for writers who "retread a ****load of crap" bother reading anything at all?

Curiouser and curiouser.
    I agree with that. Not to be rude but sometimes I think people talk just to hear the sound of their own voice, hmmm, can't really say that here but maybe type just to exercise their fingers?

First, Moderator is Fired! I was posting proper about literary thoughts. SK (Mr. Constant Writer himself) asks that constant readers call him on it when he is duplicitous.

Those last posters are nothing more than Daisy-Chained rapists trying to besmirch me. Moderator is fired for letting them play their games.

Check All my posts, you'll see that I talk always about the literary evaluations. Not bullying. Not raping. Not disrespecting. Check the actual texts of SK, lots of cussing. No hating.

I guess it's fortunate for me that Steve makes the decision about whether I'm fired. You know, it is entirely possible that when he came up with the idea for "Dolan's Cadillac" that Poe did not even occur to him. That the similarity is obvious to you does not mean it was to him.

OK, point taken.
    I've decided to start a big thick novel:
    Here's a quick synopsis/overview;
    A group of half a dozen clowns went to clown-college together 20 some odd years ago and have been mostly estranged since. But they all manage to make it to the clown-college reunion one year and much to their amazement the same child who lived in the attics around town and victimized various clown freinds of theirs pops up again and starts wreaking things old-school. But since the clowns have grown older and wiser they figure out how to defeat the evil attic-child and to everyone's amazement the child is really a giant praying mantis that goes by the name of the Indigo Queen in a semi parallel universe...
    I don't think there is any similarity between my cool novel and anything else that millions of people have read.
    Do YOU?
    I'll talk alot about the arc of ascent and how it relates to the mantis child's ability to levitate between attics as a bit of intellectual sleight of hand in my Forward to this awesome tome.

Believe I'll just ease the door open and slip right on out of here,because I'm not seeing things that way myself. Ya'll have a great day!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast