This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Actress to play Susannah

Cool Actress to play Susannah

OK...I have just finished Dark Tower 6. The last 2 chapters that deal with Jake and Callahan securing Black Thirteen and putting it in the locker at the World Trade Center, and Susannah giving birth at the Dixie Pig were some of the most suspenseful moments in the series so far. Now...reading the last 6 books I have given much thought in who could play Susannah....I have seen her in form and spirit...she's PERFECT for it...her name is Taraji P.Henson, you may know her from the new Karate Kid as the mother. I don't know what anyone's thoughts are on Tyler Perry movies, whether you like them or hate them, but she is in one called I CAN DO BAD ALL BY MYSELF. Please watch..she is brilliant, she could do Susannah I think like no other actress can. Please let me know your thoughts. imdb her..look at her face...its ****ing Susannah to a T.

Default Re: Actress to play Susannah

I still stand by my choice of Halle Berry!
    Although I'd settle...

Ruby Dee would have been perfect... 40-50 years ago.

We all float down here.

I think Adina Porter from True Blood would be just perfect. After watching her go completely crazy and back I think she's more than capable of portraying every aspect of the character. Even though things are going to be watered down so bad I'm going to cut myself anyways. http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2340327424/nm0692013

How 'bout Melissa McBride, from Walking Dead? She's got the chin, the strength of character... not young/pretty enough?

We all float down here.

I've always thought that Naomie Harris from the Pirates of the Caribbean films would do a great job in the role. If and when the films do get made, this is going to be such an important casting decision since it is so hard to play multiple personalities without being really cheesy.

I always imagined Susannah as Rosario Dawson, I think she would be perfect.

wow. very good suggestions... especially the True Blood actress. until right now, i'd envisioned Halle Berry

I've loved this actress since Hustle and Flow but didn't know her name. An excellent choice for Susannah, I think. Great call.

Quote Originally Posted by towerconvert View Post
    OK...I have just finished Dark Tower 6. The last 2 chapters that deal with Jake and Callahan securing Black Thirteen and putting it in the locker at the World Trade Center, and Susannah giving birth at the Dixie Pig were some of the most suspenseful moments in the series so far. Now...reading the last 6 books I have given much thought in who could play Susannah....I have seen her in form and spirit...she's PERFECT for it...her name is Taraji P.Henson, you may know her from the new Karate Kid as the mother. I don't know what anyone's thoughts are on Tyler Perry movies, whether you like them or hate them, but she is in one called I CAN DO BAD ALL BY MYSELF. Please watch..she is brilliant, she could do Susannah I think like no other actress can. Please let me know your thoughts. imdb her..look at her face...its ****ing Susannah to a T.
    I think the black woman on Tru Blood, (I forget her name) would be a great pick. I always pictured her as portraying Susannah. Anyone else agree?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast