Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The women in the bathtub! Are you afraid?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The women in the bathtub! Are you afraid?

Default The women in the bathtub! Are you afraid?

I was listening to the radio today. And they talking about what people are afraid of and lot of people call in tell their own fears. One guy called and first he asked the radio speaker if he have seen Stanley Kubricks Shining. And the speaker said yes and even said it was a very creepy movie. Well then this guy who called in said, what scares his most in shining was that scene when this little boy Danny Torrance went to the bathroom and find this young women in the bathtub. Suddenly this women wasn't young anymore. She was old and creepy. And after this guy who called in, had seen that scene he said that he's afraid of old people. That was he's fear.

I'm not afraid of old people and I have seen shining a couple time.

Now I'm wondering. If anybody was afraid of women in the bathtup? And I now that here on the board are older people. But are anyone afraid of really old people after seen this scene?

Default Re: The women in the bathtub! Are you afraid?

I dont have a fear of old people but I do have to admit that the first time I saw the shinning I was frittened of that sceen and also creeped wehn Jack nicolson sticks his head in the hole in the door and says his line. that spooked me.

I wasn't afraid of the woman as such, but I'll admit my heart did skip a beat when she changed from the young woman into the old decaying woman; it was the shock factor of the moment that got me, I wasn't particularly scared of her.
    And it definitely didn't make me scared of old people!

Scary, scary scene. I don't think it matters if the woman was young or old, it was the fact that you spend the whole movie thinking they were alone in the hotel, and there simply shouldn't have been another person there. That old woman's laughter freaked me out, I get goosebumps thinking about it. Thank goodness the movie spared us the scene of Danny encountering that woman all alone, having it happen to Jack took some of the edge off it.

I was never afraid of old people until I started seeing one in the mirror every morning.

I'm not afraid of the elderly either, but that scene is rather creepy. Poor Danny....

I'm an old people, and I scare the hell out of myself...

I'm afraid of ALL old women,
    Whether they're in a bathtub or not!
    They smell like Metamucil-BenGay-Old Cheese & forgotton dreams.

I'm not afraid of old people and I am definately not afraid of women in the bath tub....actually, it is encouraged.

that was a scary scene but i think there were some that scared me more. i just remember the first time i saw the shining (i was about 9 or 10) the little girls freaked me out!!! that movie still gives me the chills...but its one of my favorites!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast