Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Gerald's Game Movie???

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gerald's Game Movie???

Lightbulb Gerald's Game Movie???

I think Gerald's Game is a great book. Any chance of it becoming a movie?[

Default Re: Gerald's Game Movie???

I just now finished reading "Gerald's Game" about 15 minutes ago. It was fantastic and disturbing. I've never hear anything about it becoming a film. Although if it was going to be they would need a great director to do so.

I just searched for the movie, never doubting that it had been made.
    I hope Gerald's Game is revisited and a movie is created too.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Sweeney View Post
    I just now finished reading "Gerald's Game" about 15 minutes ago. It was fantastic and disturbing. I've never hear anything about it becoming a film. Although if it was going to be they would need a great director to do so.
    I found that book very, very disturbing. Not sure I could watch the movie. However, IF there were a movie, I think a great choice for director would be Juan Antonio Bayona, who directed the 2007 film El Orfanato.

At one time, I remember a discussion in which a number of actresses were approached for the lead and turned it down because if they had taken it, they would have had to have been topless throughout much of the movie and "they would have been competing with their breasts".

John

a haunted,drafty balcony overseeing my kingdom...waiting for my King...

I think it could be a great movie, if some parts were not included..well, include most of the parts, just one part of the story was really uncomfortable to read about, we wouldn't want that in there...but the part about the space cowboy, that was friggin' creepy, we have to include that...and the part about the former Prince, poor dog, include him too.

As long as it doesn't star Angelina Jolie............. I'm afraid that if it were made into a movie they would change it all up (really, who's going to sit for an hour and a half watching a half naked woman lay in bed thinking?) and, first, she would have to be chased by that dog and second, she would have to be chased by Space Cowboy!

Guess that 'Gerald's Game' became a movie, they would need a small handed-wristed actress who would actually be able to slip her right hand out of the handcuffs!!

Biggest problem I would see is that nearly the entire movie would be shot in just one place--the bedroom in Gerald and Jessie's summer house where she spent well over 75% of the book handcuffed to the bed. In addition, the 'conversations' Jessie had with herself seem to have a much greater 'effect' on a reader as opposed to a movie viewer.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

The situation would be a little similar to "127 Hours" with James Franco.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    The situation would be a little similar to "127 Hours" with James Franco.
    Is that the guy that got stuck when he was caving? Loved that movie.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast