Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Black Friday kinda makes me sick

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday kinda makes me sick

Default Black Friday kinda makes me sick

Has anyone gone out on Black Friday and fought the crowds of shoppers to save a few bucks? For those who aren't familiar with it, Black Friday is the biggest shopping day in the United States, the day after our Thanksgiving.

I am not condemning those who want to save some money, but the whole thing about Black Friday kinda makes me sick. It just seems really, well, greedy and unseemly. There are whole websites dedicated to this annual "event". People apparently plan and strategize for months in advance. And every year the media reports injuries and even deaths from frenzied shoppers trampling each other.

Default Re: Black Friday kinda makes me sick

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    Has anyone gone out on Black Friday and fought the crowds of shoppers to save a few bucks? For those who aren't familiar with it, Black Friday is the biggest shopping day in the United States, the day after our Thanksgiving.

I am not condemning those who want to save some money, but the whole thing about Black Friday kinda makes me sick. It just seems really, well, greedy and unseemly. There are whole websites dedicated to this annual "event". People apparently plan and strategize for months in advance. And every year the media reports injuries and even deaths from frenzied shoppers trampling each other.
    Never shopped a Black Friday and never will.
    The stores solution to frenzied crowds: they are now opening their doors for Black Friday Sales on Thanksgiving Day! And the world moved on..............

I don't go anywhere near stores the whole weekend after Thanksgiving if I can help it. Not even the grocery store. I worked 8 years in a department store, and being on the other side of the counter during the feeding frenzy is no fun, either. I think it is shameful that stores will not close their doors on Thanksgiving day and allow their employees to enjoy the holiday with their families.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Never shopped a Black Friday and never will.
    The stores solution to frenzied crowds: they are now opening their doors for Black Friday Sales on Thanksgiving Day! And the world moved on..............
    Me either! I pray that the shoppers this year, have enough common decency to not trample anyone.

Can I just chime in about the following ads:

1. The current Old Navy is absolutely repulsive. (It violates my soul.) I simply cannot believe a human being created that ad. (Related to the Kinect giveaway)

2. Worse... The current Khols ad for the *3 am* opening features this disgustingly-hyper lady talking about the holidays and shopping. (It makes me what to throw the remote at the TV.)

3. Then the freaking Hyundai ad with that quirky-weird chick sitting on a chair and singing "Up On the Roof Top." (Ahhh! What is that?! Do they think that will sell cars?)

4. The fake stop-motion animation is over folks. Please stop doing it! I refer to the "Happy Honda-Days" ad. It just looks stupid to me. Its not real and you can tell.

Just had to vent a bit.
    "One pixel can change everything."

I hate black friday! I have not shopped it and no matter how low they can go on an Ipod, laptop, HD tv, I wont. Its just not worth it to go in gladiator style.

I really try to stay away from all stores between thanksgiving - christmas day.

hmm maybe we should have TSA agents at the door to walmart doing the heavy pat downs before the store opens. I bet that would cut the crowd,

I went one time when my great nephew was 3. People kept trying to take the DVD player out of our cart. My niece put Josh on top of them. I was looking at him when this middle aged mean faced woman made a move to put her hands on him to lift him off. I looked at her and said "If you lay one finger on him I'm screaming KIDNAPPER at the top of my lungs and taking you down....". She had the nerve to hesitate, as if considering this, then put her arms down and backed away. Never been back since. And if my niece went, Josh stayed with me. People are CRAZY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    (It makes me what to throw the remote at the TV.)
    Hi,

I keep a box of soft fluffy pom-poms convenient for these 'must throw' moments.

Long days and pleasant nights

And to add to Brian's list: the Radio Shack ad - stating you can't be a holiday super hero unless you buy expensive electronic gear ( all available at Radio Shack). Even the Grinch knows everyone is a holiday super hero. The Holiday spirit is in your heart, not your pocketbook.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast