Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Fear of corn fields

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fear of corn fields

Default Fear of corn fields

Children of the corn was very scary! I haven't seen it in many years. I do not like corn fields very much because of this movie. Haha! I just thought of a story my aunt told me about the first time she ever saw children of the corn. After watching it she went to the bathroom and her brother in law was hiding in the shower so that he could scare her. She sat down to pee and he jumped out. She hurdled her sister and ran off screaming. I love that story! She dosnt know that I am telling all of you about this. I will tell her tonight. That is so funny!

Default Re: Fear of corn fields

Funny stuff, but my inquiring mind wants to know why her sister was in the bathroom to start with, or is it true that women really DO run in packs to pee?...

Cornfields are scary....never know what kind of riff raff you will run into.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Cornfields are scary....never know what kind of riff raff you will run into.
    It's not exactly the cornfield that I find so scary.....LOL

How are ya, Cowboy?

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    Funny stuff, but my inquiring mind wants to know why her sister was in the bathroom to start with, or is it true that women really DO run in packs to pee?...
    Thats the first thing I thought of too. Hurdled her. Thats funny. Take my sister, just dont hurt me.

City child, but each summer would vacation with grandparents on a farm. Loved playing in the cornfields.

Cornfields.hmmm.....Back when I lived in Michigan,a friend from Alabama came to visit. She hated the cornfields. She said ye all have cornfields from hell! I just laughed.

My Gramma had six rows in her garden which seemed like a lot at the time. The only thing I didn't like about them were all the bees (terrified!) and I was grossed out by the bags hung at the corner of the garden designed to catch japanese beetles. If you put your ear to the bag you could hear the incessant rustling of them trying to climb out *shudder*

My last boyfriend and I used to drive to the town next to us and walk through the cornfields there...it was definitely creepy, but mostly, itchy! I wonder if it was the corn or some kind of pesticide! yeesh.

hahaha!!! Sorry. her sister ran in to see why she was screaming! hahaha. and I think some women actually do do that. I have heard many stories. I don't get it.

I recall when I was a little girl that when we visited my uncle who was a farmer and this cornfield was standing high ( because I was little of course). My mom and dad were watching me and my sister and brother very closely, so we wouldn't even put a toe in there. They were so scared themselves of this huge amount of corns spreading themselves in what seemed like miles and miles. And there was also this kind of noises crops made when ever the wind was blowing. Kinda scary. By the way, I liked SK's story, but the movie didn't do it for me, sorry to say. Sometimes adaptations are not as scary as the books are, imo of course.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast