Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Kingdom Hospital ending

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hospital ending

Default Kingdom Hospital ending

Hi,

I just finished rewatching Kingdom Hospital as the first time I watched it was before I'd read the Dark Tower. I know that SK added a lot of DT referrences into this series so I was watching for these links.

All the way through the series they show a drinks machine with Nozz-a-la all over it but at the very end of the last episode,

after they have gone back and changed the past by saving Mary,
    the drinks machine has changed to Pepsi. Can anyone explain to me why/how, in the context of the Dark Tower series? Have they actually returned to a different version of their world? I'm slightly confused! Thanks

Default Re: Kingdom Hospital ending

Hi,

I haven't seen it for years, but your questions might well have been answered if the TV executives had gone on with a second series as originally envisaged and I wish Sai King would publish his ideas for the second series.

At the moment we can only see half of Kingdom Hospital as he envisaged it.

Long days and pleasant nights

Like John sayeth...forsoothly...

Thanks for the replies... but arg I'm left unfulfilled

Hi,

Understandably.

I was spitting feathers when I hears that the second series had been cancelled.

It's like reading half of The Stand IMO.

Hi,

As JD says, season 2 would give us some precious clues about it.

! SPOILERS !

For having seen Kindgom and read The Dark Tower many times, I can only imagine that there are many words : the one in which Mary has been able to express herself, and in which season 1 takes place looks like ours but is not exactly the same (we've got it in The Dark Tower : Wizard and Glass, there are the same cars as in our world, but the brands are different, it also reminds me of Callahan telling his story and saying he crosses worlds by crossing bridges in NYC : depending on what side he is, this isn't the same president on his dollars).
    Maybe once Dr Hook's team has done what needed to be done with Mary, they come back in our real world, where ghosts and all can not be seen anymore.
    Which does not explain at all why there is still one near Dr Stegman at the end of the last episode. Maybe Steg is stuck there and the season 2 would have been on him trying to get revenge (and his car cleaned) ?
    This is a good question you ask, and I also wish we could have more episodes, especially because I found Kingdom pretty hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra19 View Post
    This is a good question you ask, and I also wish we could have more episodes, especially because I found Kingdom pretty hilarious.
    Hi,

Ain't dat de troof? *makes gesture with thumb in mouth and finger wagglling*

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDalglish View Post
    Hi,

Ain't dat de troof? *makes gesture with thumb in mouth and finger wagglling*

Stegman initiation and the Johnny B. Goude running gag are priceless

Okay, I never heard of Kingdom Hospital while it was airing, but just finished watching it now, and I have to say I am left majorly unfulfilled. So many things are left open and unanswered at the end of season 1, it is like hitting the climax and then stopping, left with nothing but fustration and a desire for more.

SK if you read this can you please set my mind to reast and tell us what was suppose to happen if you had produced season 2. Don't leave us hanging like this it is torture!!!

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

The danger of making a TV show like this is that the execs can end it before it should end. When a script is being written, the writer probably has to write like it may end at the end of season one or it may not. That's got to be difficult. I guess you always have to have the last episode in your pocket so you can throw it in at any time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast