This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: gunslinger -- safe thread for first time readers. safe and spoiler-free!

Default gunslinger -- safe thread for first time readers. safe and spoiler-free!

I don't have anything to say about The Gunslinger right now, but it occurs to me that there's a need for threads that first time Dark Tower readers can go to to talk about what they've read so far without being exposed to information about the later books in the series. Maybe these could be stickied...

New readers: discuss your story.

Old readers: be on your very best behavior and don't don't don't ever address things that come later in the series -- don't "spoil" the journey for your fellow-travelers.

We all float down here.

Default Re: gunslinger -- safe thread for first time readers. safe and spoiler-free!

You mean tyhe part in Book 6 where Roland takes a cream cheese bath with OY? OOOPPS!!!

Default Re: gunslinger -- safe thread for first time readers. safe and spoiler-free!

Savor, enjoy, be one with each character- you are about to experience the journey of a lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Savor, enjoy, be one with each character- you are about to experience the journey of a lifetime
    Hi,

AWSS (And What Spidey Said).

Great idea, Lencho.

Long days and pleasant nights

I like to push the DT series to everyone i meet just lent out my copy of The Gunslinger out for like the 5th time

Terrific idea--and I'll be watching to see how others feel about each step along the way...its a journey!

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    You mean tyhe part in Book 6 where Roland takes a cream cheese bath with OY? OOOPPS!!!
    Yeah, and then the scene in the next book where Oy has to decide whether to follow Susannah or stay behind and protect the tub of creamcheese... Wrong move on Oy's part, big OOPS again. Actions have consequences... even if you're a bumbler.

We all float down here.

I just can't get into this whole DT lovefest. It seems like a lot of fantesy stuff to me -- I won't read anything about Harry Potter either. And...I don't wear fairy wings for Halloween. Seems like a lot of hoopla over nothing special. Convience me that a looksee is warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Munchkin View Post
    I just can't get into this whole DT lovefest. It seems like a lot of fantesy stuff to me -- I won't read anything about Harry Potter either. And...I don't wear fairy wings for Halloween. Seems like a lot of hoopla over nothing special. Convience me that a looksee is warranted.
    Well how much have you read? You need to read more than the first book to get a feel for what this whole thing is really about, and all I can tell you is you HAVE NO IDEA what your missin out on.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Munchkin View Post
    Hi,

Try skipping The Gunslinger and moving on to The Drawing of the Three (DT2).

Some seem to get bogged down with The Gunslinger (not me!) but DotT starts like a train IMO.

Honest, it's REALLY worth it!

Long days and pleasant nights

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast