Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Best ending of any Stephen King Book!

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best ending of any Stephen King Book!

Default Best ending of any Stephen King Book!

Like most readers on this page, I am sure I am not alone when stating I have read almost every Stephen King written and anxiously await the next when the one I am working on is done. I just have to say, 11/22/63, is by far, the best ending to a Stephen King book that I have ever read. Poignant, touching and a ending that brings a long story all together in a way the all great books can for the reader. This is Stephen King at his finest.
    Thank you Mr. King. I truly enjoyed this one.

Default Re: Best ending of any Stephen King Book!

Hi and welcome to the board.
    Yes, I liked the ending, it is very good indeed.
    Right up there with the ending of IT and (*ducks* ) the DT series, which are my favorites so far.

No stone's being thrown here, Srbo, the way the DT series is my all time favorite ending of SK's.

Maybe i'm in the minority here, but I generally have enjoyed most of his endings.

Hell, it's just heartening to see someone say something positive about the book-rather than flaming on a minor discrepancy!!!!

You really have to wonder if any of the numerous error/discrepancy pointer-outer-ers have written novels of their own. They sure act as though they have. On a more positive note, I loved 11/22/63. Both the ending at the part where

Sadie dies
    made me shed a few tears. The ending reminds me of another ending of another book (or possibly a film) but I can't seem to remember it. Also, it's interesting to note that in US edition, the title has forward slashes between the dates, whereas in the UK/Australian edition the title has full stops separating the dates. I wonder why this is?

Quote Originally Posted by 1BachmanKing9 View Post
    No stone's being thrown here, Srbo, the way the DT series is my all time favorite ending of SK's
    Mine too, I thought the DT ending was great. Of course, that was after I got over the shock of it all.

Great ending, great book, great story. Just awesome! Couldn't have been more happy or impressed with this one. SK could hang it up (please don't!!) now and call it good for all time with this one. Just great!

Having read every SK books except for Tommynockers (read about a third and decided it wasn't worth to be read), I've always thought that his major flaw is he sometimes doesn't seem to know how to end his novels, and the longer the novel (or the saga), the more difficult it seemed. After reading Under The Dome and 11/22/63, I presume he finally got through this problem.

What a wonderful story 11/22/63 is.
    I loved it from the beginning and all the way through. Flawless.
    There are things that sometimes I think I'd like to change about history but this book reminds us that all things probably happen as they should, and maybe even for a reason.
    Three cheers for Stephen King and his little Zelda too!

I am also happy that now that I'm done I can read these threads without worrying about spoilers.
    I accidentally saw a post in which someone said something about George/Jake and I panicked for a second thinking I'd seen a Dark Tower tie in spoiler... that is until I realized that the George/Jake reference was indeed referring to Mr Epperson/Amberson LOL.

And in closing I'd like to say Beep Beep Richie!

Quote Originally Posted by saocao View Post
    Like most readers on this page, I am sure I am not alone when stating I have read almost every Stephen King written and anxiously await the next when the one I am working on is done. I just have to say, 11/22/63, is by far, the best ending to a Stephen King book that I have ever read. Poignant, touching and a ending that brings a long story all together in a way the all great books can for the reader. This is Stephen King at his finest.
    Thank you Mr. King. I truly enjoyed this one.
    Loved the ending - held on wanting more found it better than Hearts in Atlantis ""For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are those 'It might have been.'"
    - John Greenleaf Whittier

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast