This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 105 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Interest for skmb convention? (2013)

Default Interest for skmb convention? (2013)

While chatting in the “Meet at the Dark Tower” group, some of us thought it would be great to try to put some sort of SKMB convention together for 2013.
    Do y'all want to give it the old college try and see what happens?
    If God wills it there will be water/chocolate.

We, the ad hoc committee are leaning toward Maine as a location but that's up in the ether still. I imagined us all taking a cross country train trip together, picking up members as we traveled, but that's nuts, we had fun talking about it though.
    I was thinking also that there could be one main meet up place and a few smaller satellite meet ups all joined together via Skype. I dunno if that's nuts yet.

I have no idea of how to make this work though. I am hoping that someone with the time and the talent can do the organizing. I will help out as much as I can, and am willing to do any grunt work assigned by who ever can take this on.
    I do know that if I took the helm, we would wind up in the Mojave desert in July eating gunslinger burritos. I have met me and I know what I am capable of. No joke.

Of course most of you will realize that expecting Stephen King to attend is pretty much out of the question. Let's understand that, he's a busy man. We can meet him on our own at book signings and other venues of that nature. An open invitation should be offered with no expectations, we know he will be there in spirit. Our pert Ms. Mod has voiced a willingness to attend and represent and that's Tickety Boo! This is basically just so we all of the SKMB can meet somewhere and well.... hobnob.

So all interested parties please pipe up with suggestions and or a willingness to volunteer your time and efforts.

Default Re: skmb con

Consider blunthead in.

hobnob (hob -ˌnäb) verb, to associate familiarly.

I'm into hobbing with nobs...so I'll do my bestest to help out from the hollers of SE Ohiya....

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    I'm into hobbing with nobs...so I'll do my bestest to help out from the hollers of SE Ohiya....
    You made a very good suggestion of where to meet in the group when we all were talking about it in the beginning. Do you still have the link? It was for the prison. I think that was a real possibility.

Let's collect suggested meeting places then post a poll at some point.

Excellent idea, Patricia. I'll help where I can.

....the prison where I work, or where Shawshank was filmed? I have had a catostrophic brain core failure....

It was the link to Mansfield (Shawshank).

1. Maine
    2. The Stanley Hotel; Estes Park, Colorado
    3. The Mansfield Reformatory; Mansfield, Ohio
    4. Boulder, CO

You said Mansfield! However, since you mention it, we could meet you at work.

Patricia, That sounds like such a fun idea. Would be hard for me to travel,( kids, hubby and dogs would be lost) but would love to do it via skype. ( gotta look into that)

Page 1 of 105 1231151101 ... LastLast