This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it worth it?

Default Is it worth it?

I've seen this book in my bookstore recently but I didn't pick it up cause of all the bad reviews. Later I looked up the basic plot and it really intrigued me. Do you guys think I should try it out?

Default Re: Is it worth it?

Hmm, it's a King book...why wouldn't you be willing to read it? The only way to know if you like something is to try it for yourself, don't let other people's opinions dissuade you. Personally I love Lisey's Story, so I would say yes, but it's your decision in the end.

Yes, yes and again yes. That is my personal opinion. The elements of the story take to you places and times that will spark your imagination, tug are your heart strings, bring laughter and tears. It is one of my favorites. Spot on!

...most definitely!...took me a couple of readings to "get it"...but what a wonderful story...

My wife and I both loved it, only a non-king fan would single out Lisey as bad.

It's a great story. Go read it already!

I'll second what everyone else said. I don't own ALL of Sai King's books, but I liked this one enough that I'll read it again, for sure. (There aren't a lot of books on my list of books I'd read more than once.)

If you've read bad reviews of Lisey's Story here, at the SKMB, I think somehow you've missed the greater number of good ones. Even here one finds Stephen King-haters. I'm sick and tired of prejudging, rude, obnoxious, scalawag, rapscallion, elitist, boring, know-it-all, long-haired, moronic, non-critical thinking, hyper-critical Stephen King critics.

Lisey's Story is a wonder, a gift and a blessing, especially, as (good) word has it, for Constant Readers and anyone else who's ever suffered the loss of a beloved spouse.

It is a great book but I must admit I had a couple of false starts with it. Beautifully written and well worth the read...but as most of the other guys & girls have said, what SK book isn't

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyes View Post
    It is a great book but I must admit I had a couple of false starts with it. Beautifully written and well worth the read...but as most of the other guys & girls have said, what SK book isn't
    IMHO, this is part of the beauty of reading Stephen King: "You never know what yer gonna get". (Anyone unfamiliar with the quote needs to get out more often). I believe sK's talent refuses certain bounds, so readers should expect the unexpected, not the typecast.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast