Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Well I also finished this one.

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well I also finished this one.

Default Well I also finished this one.

Since I had started reading king early 2010 I had been mystified by this book and also wanted to try it to see if it really was bad. Now finishing it The tommyknockers is my 6th favorite King book. IMO It was really good! All the bashing was uncalled for and the ending was one of kings most satisfying. It actually made me get a bit emotional.

Default Re: Well I also finished this one.

Read it quite a while ago now, but do remember finding it enjoyable and certainly not my least favourite book

...I never thought this was a "bad" novel...just don't rank it among my favorites...but since a good deal of time has passed since my last re-read...I think I'll hit it again and see how it feels...

Now do you understand why I said you should always judge a book for yourself, and not go by other peoples reviews?

Glad you enjoyed it...how/why did the ending make you emotional?

Quote Originally Posted by *Ally* View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it...how/why did the ending make you emotional?
    Well I've kinda come to expect a sad but happy ending.

While reading the book I just feel in love with the brown's grandfather and it was so amazing just how he cared about getting his grandson back even when being used as a human battery! I went through the entire novel thinking the little boy died and when they tried to bring him back with the gadget it stopped working because they couldn't bring things back from altier 9. I was just so happy when hilly found david with him at the end of the book .

Oh I have Tommyknockers lined up to read next! It's also been one of King's books that I have kept putting on the long finger.

I read this few years ago and I didn't like it very much. Was to boring for my taste. Maybe I should try to re-read it, if I like
    it better the second time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo87 View Post
    I read this few years ago and I didn't like it very much. Was to boring for my taste. Maybe I should try to re-read it, if I like
    it better the second time.
    If you have no other book to read now you really should try a re read! Also don't try to rush it down quickly cause this is the kind book you gotta spend time on.

So I just finished this last week. I heard that people have complained about the ending. The first thought that came to my head -- well a few thoughts came. First, I enjoyed the ending; I found it very satisfying, and not sure how else he could have ended it. Second thought was I instantly thought of what King himself said in On Writing when he stated that books are about the journey and not about the ending, and that if you get so caught up in the ending then you are missing the point of the book. I found the journey of Tommyknockers to be AWESOME, so even though I enjoyed the ending, if I hadn't I still would have loved the book because the journey of getting to the ending was great for me.

minor spoilers ahead- I loved Tommyknockers. I had no idea what it was about before reading it, but im glad i did. I really want to read a prequel or sequal to this. there was alot of inferring by bobbi and gard on the events that led up to ship crashing by there observations after entering the hatch. when i was finishedbwith the book i wanted more lol i love these books where u follow everyone in town, like Under the Dome. my heart sank for hilly at his final magic show, loved the book. I can't believe i didn't read it sooner. i apologize for punctuation and capitalizing errors im writing this on my tablet lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast