Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
So who is the second best author after SK? Who else should every SK fan know about?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: So who is the second best author after SK? Who else should every SK fan know about?

Question So who is the second best author after SK? Who else should every SK fan know about?

I nominate Robert McCammon.
    If you loved the Stand, read Swan Song.
    If you loved It, read Boy's Life.

He's the SK of the deep south.

Default Re: So who is the second best author after SK? Who else should every SK fan know abo

I would agree, McCammon can spin a helluva good story. He's my second favorite.

Default Re: So who is the second best author after SK? Who else should every SK fan know abo

Just finished "The Providence Rider," the fourth in McCammon's Matthew Corbett series, and it was outstanding. Goathunter told me he plans to write 10 novels in this series, so I am very excited to see what happens next!

My first experience with McCammon- Mystery Walk. About 3/4 into the book and it's a page turner.

Robert McCammon!
    Nobody can top Stephen King though, but I think a lot of that is personal prejudice. I found Stephen King's work when I was a teenager, Carrie was like a life line tossed out to me by the universe via Stephen King (and Tabitha who rescued the story from the abyss). I will always have a special place in my heart for his writing that no other word slinger could ever fill.
    But yes, Robert McCammon could write popcorn and make me smell butter. He's that good.

I attempted Swan Song and only got about a quarter of the way into it. I just couldn't finish it for some reason. Maybe I will give it another go.

I actually haven't read anything by McCammon. If this many King fans say he's in second place next to King, that's high praise. Now I know who to read non-King next.

Hi!

I haven't had the pleasure. Thanks for the heads up!

Peace.

Looks like I have another author to start reading.

Adding McCammon to the list!

Robert McCammon is great! There's also Dan Simmons, Robert Block, Richard Matheson, Joe Lansdale (his horror and thrillers are great and I especially love his Hap & Leonard books). Lots to pick from out there! (Notice I didn't mention Stephanie Meyer.......)

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast