This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Kojak...my man

Default Kojak...my man

Hello..this is my first post at SKMB

I just wanted to post a thread about one of my favorite characters from The Stand. I have seen the mini series several times since I was very young but I just finished reading the book today (loved it). In the series Kojak came along with Glen and Stu while in the book he was left behind. I was a little disappointed and confused until Kojak shows up in Boulder all battered and beat to ****. At that point in the story SK describes Kojak's amazing journey and coolest of all his standoff with the wolves at Mother Abigail's. I got a tad bit emotional several times during the last 1/3 of the book but never so much as when

Kojak stayed behind to help Stu with his broken leg. The plague killed off man and mans best friend but just like the rest of the survivors Kojak was spared in order to serve God's purpose. I hope when Stu, Tom, and Kojak got back to Boulder that Kojak was greeted warmly by his lady dog friend.

Default Re: Kojak...my man

...yeah, Unca Steve's Kojak is a whole lot more inspiring than a certain bald, lollipop suckin' TV coppice-man.....

Same with me. Kojak is great! Did you read Cujo? I felt the same way for the poor dog.

That dog really was one of the heroes of the novel...I loved reading his story and his perspective on things.

I have not read Cujo. The Stand was only the second SK book I have read. I'm heading to the library in a bit to get another but I'm still up in the air about which one to grab. 'salem's Lot was the first that I read and I enjoyed it as well. I was thinking about IT.

Critters are the best and Sai King knows how to tell them well.

Agreed, Ragan!!

I've always known that all animals (or critters, as Spideyman says) have their own personality. Ernie, a cockatiel that my brother used to have, would definitely fit the role of the bad guy in any story; in fact, out of all the characters in The Stand, I think he'd most resemble The Kid if he was human! But Kojak definitely has the makings of a Super Hero; strong, courageous and loyal, plus he has undeniable charisma....like my Sam (anyone can see from my profile and my posts that dogs are my favourite creatures).

Ahh....now I've got the song "Hero" by Nickelback playing in my head!

Quote Originally Posted by rowdyredMTSU View Post
    I have not read Cujo. The Stand was only the second SK book I have read. I'm heading to the library in a bit to get another but I'm still up in the air about which one to grab. 'salem's Lot was the first that I read and I enjoyed it as well. I was thinking about IT.
    IT is the best thing he has written, IMO, you should save that one.

The part about Kojak coming back to save Stu is one of my favorite parts of the book too. King knows how to get us right in the gut, doesn't he...