This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you serve for Thanksgiving Dinner?

Default What do you serve for Thanksgiving Dinner?

I serve a turkey breast as no one likes the dark meat which really is not the best meat health wise anyway.
    With the turkey I serve dressing made with herbed bread baked with celery and onions, holiday potatoes whipped with lots of cream cheese, sour cream and butter!! (Only do this once a year fer sure fer sure!!) Whipped turnips (I'm the only one who eats 'em but, oh boy, good stuff!! Peas for some people, corn for others, assorted vegetable cassaroles.

But eat it all quick, quick 'cause the 'Skins play the Cowboys!!

Halftime 'tis pie; Pumpkin, mincemeat, French Silkf

What's on your menu?

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Default Re: What do you serve for Thanksgiving Dinner?

I'm thinkin' I'll smoke a big ol' hog this year, and then I'll be certain to have all the gumption I'll need to whip up all the traditional fixin's.
    I really am thinkin' about a whole hog ('bout a 50 lb'er), but even if I do, I'll smoke a turkey or two, too..now where oh where is that Big Bambu?
    Cornbread stuffin' though, it's a fact!

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    I serve a turkey breast as no one likes the dark meat which really is not the best meat health wise anyway.
    With the turkey I serve dressing made with herbed bread baked with celery and onions, holiday potatoes whipped with lots of cream cheese, sour cream and butter!! (Only do this once a year fer sure fer sure!!) Whipped turnips (I'm the only one who eats 'em but, oh boy, good stuff!! Peas for some people, corn for others, assorted vegetable cassaroles.

But eat it all quick, quick 'cause the 'Skins play the Cowboys!!

Halftime 'tis pie; Pumpkin, mincemeat, French Silkf

What's on your menu?
    Maybe French Silkf...maybe not.

I'm a vegetarian so I do fake chicken with vegetarian gravy and stuffing. SOOOO good!

And I typically still go to my parents' so I eat all of their fixins!

I also always do dessert because I'm the baking queen too.

But this year I am flying into North Carolina to see my in-laws Thanksgiving morning so I have to serve nothing but myself. Yay!

I make a turkey with stuffing, homemade mashed tators, various vegies, and homemade lemon and pecon pies! Bread rolls & some good ole fashioned gravy!

Even though I'm only cooking for the four of us plus a sister in law, I do the whole spread: whole turkey (or two), stuffing, baked sweet potatoes, corn, green beans, biscuits, gravy, and then apple and pumpkin pies ala mode. I don't make a lot of the sides, but I do make pie crusts before dinner, then immediately fill then with turkey after. Some I freeze, one I bake right away for the official midnight snack, and the carcasses go straight in the pot for flu season soup.

Turkey, mother-in-laws stuffing, gravy, whipped potatoes, veggie. Usually peas and corn, but I'd prefer turnip. Just seems silly to make three veggies when there are only three of us.

Haven't heard yet whether my son will be coming, which would add 2-5 more people. If the whole family comes, we might pick up a ham to go with it.

I might make a pumpkin pie, not sure yet. Usually we're so full nobody actually wants desert until much later anyway.

Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, rolls and of course cranberries. I make several pies the day before with my daughters Apple, pumpkin, and a cherry pie. I always end up making double on the pumpkin, because hubby and my daughters will devour it before the holiday even gets here!! I love Thanksgiving! I think I like the cooking and tradition more than the actual dinner! ( though that is awesome)

Forgot about the cranberries. Can't have turkey without that.

Turkey (the whole thing, not just the breast), gravy, cranberry sauce, grated potatoes in a cheesy au grautin sauce, mashed potatoes, stuffing, rolls, green beans with cream of mushroom sauce and those crunchy onions on top, and at least three kinds of pies (pumpkin, apple, mincemeat)!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast