This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Creepshow III

Default Creepshow III

Not sure where to post this, so I'll post it here.

I finally got around to watching Creepshow III yesterday. Boy, is that a piece of crap. Not that I expected anything better; I didn't. But it's a constant marvel to me just HOW lousy some of these rip-off "sequels" to King movies are.

My question -- which I am posting in the passive-aggressive hope that Ms. Mod might have some info she'd be willing to share with us all (although I suspect I am doomed to disappointment on that score) -- is this: how in THE HELL did Taurus Entertainment get the rights to make a Creepshow movie? I know rights issues can be labyrinthine in Hollywood, but ... but ... the company that made the Dawn of the Dead "sequel"?!?

Anyways, my gut -- which is of Buddha-like proportions, and therefore wise -- tells me that there's probably a distasteful story of some sort here ... so my gut probably also tells me that that story is unlikely to be repeated here. But any info at all would be appreciated as it is currently a complete mystery to me.

By the way ... any of the rest of you seen the movie? Or am I the only poor soul determined enough to have suffered through it?

Default Re: Creepshow III

My understanding is that Steve didn't hold the film rights at that point and since it wasn't his work that was being adapted, the film rights could be sold to the producers of Creepshow 3 without his input.

As it happens, I write about Crrepshow, Creepshow 2 and Creepshow III (they couldn't even keep the numbering scheme consistent!) in Screem issue 25, which has just been released. I "took one for the team" by watching that piece of dreck so no one else has to!

Bev, I'll have to check that out! Thanks for taking the bullet!

I caught one, too; working on a blog post reviewing the movie, and I'm trying to avoid writing 50,000 words about how bad it is. It could easily be done, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    My understanding is that Steve didn't hold the film rights at that point and since it wasn't his work that was being adapted, the film rights could be sold to the producers of Creepshow 3 without his input.
    Yeah, I assumed Mr. King must have not held the rights at that point; thanks for verifying it!

Since this same company also produced a "sequel" and a "remake" of Day of the Dead, I think I may have figured out at least part of the puzzle.

too late ! sorry...

hey, i have seen worse...but...that is really not saying much

certainly does little just about as close to zero in adding anything of value to the 'franchise'

..."BLARGH!!!...this movie bites the big hot dog!!!....

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...OK then, take two...

That gratuitous melting shot at the end was the final straw.

The funny thing is that I thought a couple of the installments had potential in the right hands. The one about the kids who think their prof's girlfriend is a robot could have been hilarious, but they went for the stupid gross-out instead. The one about the guy whose radio tells him to do stuff, too, could have been okay. They totally wrecked the one about the guy who arranges to have a call girl come to his place. I *thought* I knew where it was going, which would have been a great idea, but no, just more cheap scares.

a haunted,drafty balcony overseeing my kingdom...waiting for my King...

No, I have not seen Creepshow III, but I'm not that much into sequels, & C2 was just alright...the only real thrill I got was when Mr. King played a truckdriver, he did pretty darn good too! I would've sworn he was a real truck driver! So maybe I'd only watch CIII just to see how bad it really is.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast