This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeling lost without a new King book to read.

Default Feeling lost without a new King book to read.

It's obviously purely psychological but I'm feeling extremely restless and eager to read a damn good book. I've searched through Amazon's listings and I just can't find anything that's screaming "READ ME!!!" I guess it's no coincidence that this is the month we would usually be devouring a new tale from the King! Sigh. (But thankee for the earlier releases this year.)

Anyhoo, I'm staring at my bookshelf and have narrowed it down to three choices that are due for a reread, and will maybe feel like a first read again. I can't decide between Insomnia, Cell, or Rose Madder...opinions please?

Is anybody else feeling the November King Book DT's--as in delirium tremens--or am I the only freak round here? Y'all be kind now, that's a serious question.

Default Re: Feeling lost without a new King book to read.

I feel your pain Ally as I am in need of a good book too. A friend recently recommended Kevin O'Brien so I am trying Disturbed to test the water.

As for your re-read, I just recently did a Cell re-read and a Rose Madder first time read and you really can't go wrong with either one. I know, I know, that really doesn't help you!

Quote Originally Posted by JellybeanJay View Post
    I feel your pain Ally as I am in need of a good book too. A friend recently recommended Kevin O'Brien so I am trying Disturbed to test the water.

As for your re-read, I just recently did a Cell re-read and a Rose Madder first time read and you really can't go wrong with either one. I know, I know, that really doesn't help you!
    Tsk tsk, you have both of Justin Cronin's books in your tbr pile, so there's no excuse.

And ayuh, you are no help whatsoevuh...but 10/10 for effort! Kidding, what did you think of the Cell reread? Think I'm swaying more towards that, although I've put off rereading Insomnia for years, since the first read bored me, say sorry! It was 17-years ago though so I may enjoy it more now I'm old(er).

No, I would be highly perked by a new book as well.

Have you read the Plant? Or the Cannibals?

If not they are both available here on this amazing website! (I think they both are at least. I know the Cannibals is here. And I hope I'm calling it by the right name.)

If you have read them then I recommend Rose Madder. I always find something new in a re-read. Same with Insomnia but I haven't read Rose in some time so I vote that one.

...I feel a bit "at sea" too Ally, but if I were to suggest a re-read....Rose Madder...it was QUITE some time between reads, and it felt all fresh and new....(wow, did I just type that?)...

I know what you mean. My birthday is on the seventh, so I bought 11/22/63 last year with birthday money. It's kind of sad we have to wait until next year to be able to hold a brand spankin' new novel by the King in our hands.

Feeling a little lost here as well, Ally.....
    I decided to take the opportunity to read some of the books that I haven't read yet.....working on Carrie at the moment.
    I'll also try to read a few other authors....I've got some new stuff From Bentley Little and Peter Straub.

Been a long time since I read Cell- might just make that the next re read. Since you just finished The Twelve, maybe another apocalyptic story might be just what you need. If not, Rose Madder would be my choice.

Of the 3 I would re-read Rose Madder...I just re-read Insomnia not too long ago, and Cell is just pretty new.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    It's obviously purely psychological but I'm feeling extremely restless and eager to read a damn good book. I've searched through Amazon's listings and I just can't find anything that's screaming "READ ME!!!" I guess it's no coincidence that this is the month we would usually be devouring a new tale from the King! Sigh. (But thankee for the earlier releases this year.)

Anyhoo, I'm staring at my bookshelf and have narrowed it down to three choices that are due for a reread, and will maybe feel like a first read again. I can't decide between Insomnia, Cell, or Rose Madder...opinions please?

Is anybody else feeling the November King Book DT's--as in delirium tremens--or am I the only freak round here? Y'all be kind now, that's a serious question.
    You said it all, Ally, nothing I can add. Same feeling here. If I were you, I`d reread Insomnia.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast