Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
I bet I'm the only one...

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I bet I'm the only one...

Default I bet I'm the only one...

...going to the midnight opening of Breaking Dawn, Part 2 tonight, huh? I know the prevailing opinion on Stephenie Meyer around here.

But, I'm taking a gaggle of teenage girls, one of whom is our special friend whom I met when my daughter was in the NICU. Anya (my daughter) was born 16 weeks early, and our little friend Alysia had a ton of congenital defects. The nurses put Anya and Alysia's cribs near each other because we were both going to be there for a looooong time, and our families got to know each other really well. We've all stayed friends, and now the little girl is celebrating her 17th birthday today. Cool coincidence, since she's the biggest Twihard I've ever met!

When they decided to split the last book into 2 movies, we despaired, because we really weren't sure our little superfan would make it through. She's never been medically stable, and she's been going downhill fast the last year. So, it's not just a movie and a birthday party, it's a "Yay, she made it!" celebration!

So, I'm sure I won't run into many SK fans there, but that's OK. More Twilight for Alysia and the rest of us.

Default Re: I bet I'm the only one...

(((Alysia))) Hope you all have a wonderful time and make a memory to last you for many years to come!

Hope you had a great time!!!!!!

HipMama, Many prayers being said for Alysia's health. I hope that you and the gaggle of teenage girls had an incredibly fun time.

Jenn thats great. You have a big heart.Hope you all have a great time.

You are the coolest hipmama, Jen! Hope you all had a fabulous time.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Y'alls too hip to quit!
    And hey ya know somethin', I finally saw the first one of those, watched it with a couple o' mucho giggly most heavily hepped up & sugarized shrieky squealy tweener girls that knew all the lines, almost ala Rocky Horror, and one sorely outmatched, out witted, out strength-ed, out of his league, ten year old boy, and as a 52 year old cranky asshat rat Pat bastid, I didn't think it was all that half bad, you know, once I got the ear hemorrhaging under control...I think my nephew is gonna have a thang for older chicks.
    Yeah okay, I probably did have more fun watching the girls torture the boy, and then makin' him like it...it had vampires or somethin' in it though, right?

Well, there are the books, and then there are the movies. I read the first book and thought it was just a sparkly vampire romance novel for teens, but the movie felt more sensible and like it had a bit more meat to it. So while I probably won't read more of the books, I would watch the movies if it were convenient. Anyway, it's not like we're all the arbiters of good taste. Plenty of people dislike Stephen King.

And I'm very, very glad that you got to celebrate such an awesome happening!

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    Y'alls too hip to quit!
    And hey ya know somethin', I finally saw the first one of those, watched it with a couple o' mucho giggly most heavily hepped up & sugarized shrieky squealy tweener girls that knew all the lines, almost ala Rocky Horror, and one sorely outmatched, out witted, out strength-ed, out of his league, ten year old boy, and as a 52 year old cranky asshat rat Pat bastid, I didn't think it was all that half bad, you know, once I got the ear hemorrhaging under control...I think my nephew is gonna have a thang for older chicks.
    Yeah okay, I probably did have more fun watching the girls torture the boy, and then makin' him like it...it had vampires or somethin' in it though, right
    ?
    If it's any consolation my husband had to sit through the first one with our girls!! They conned him into it by saying come on, it has vampires and werewolves! He didn't mind it much until it hit the romancy part! When my girls brought home breaking dawn part one........( oops did I buy that) He broke out the headphones and eased away very quietly to the computer!!

Thats great! You are hipmamajen!

(now get rid of the books before babybonecrusher can read)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast