Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
trilogy of terror starring karen black (reminiscent of angelina jolie?)

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trilogy of terror starring karen black (reminiscent of angelina jolie?)

Default trilogy of terror starring karen black (reminiscent of angelina jolie?)

Here is a quote from myself, Ayko aka Luke Willy Muschiol, from my message board which is under construction...

"Just in case you are not familiar with one of the 'horror queens of film and TV' from the 1970s, check out the film "Trilogy of Terror" starring Karen Black. A trilogy of film shorts that appeared on ABC's 'Movie of the Week' March 4th 1975 and is based on stories by (short story) horror master Richard Matheson who also wrote some Star Trek TOS episodes and another master of short story, William F Nolan. A real horror classic although 'made for TV'. Karen Black is truly an 'Angelina Jolie type' actress and personality. You will thoroughly enjoy it.

The first story, "Julie" (not Jolie), is about a high school teacher (Karen Black) being blackmailed into a sexual relationship with a student until she turns the game around...

The second story, "Millicent and Therese", (not from Disney) has to do with identical twins (both played by Karen Black) and voodoo...

The third story, "Amelia" (not Angelina), is a solo performance from Karen Black being hunted by a killer demon possessing an old Indian doll. A wild climactic story with a knife slicing ending..."

Default Re: trilogy of terror starring karen black (reminiscent of angelina jolie?)

I remember Karen Black.

Default Re: trilogy of terror starring karen black (reminiscent of angelina jolie?)

She also played in a movie called Burnt offerings. I think it's a fabulous, creepy old haunted house movie.

Trilogy of Terror is great fun. Most people remember this movie for the "Devil Doll" sequence, which traumatized many a child watching this on TV back in the 70's!

Wow - I hadn't thought of Karen Black for years (again myself again). Thanks Ayko for bring this to light!

I absolutely loved Trilogy of Terror and Burnt Offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    Trilogy of Terror is great fun. Most people remember this movie for the "Devil Doll" sequence, which traumatized many a child watching this on TV back in the 70's!
    ...next to sock monkeys, the cymbal clappin' simian from Unca Steve and Tammy Faye Baker-that damn devil doll was the most horrific thing I'd ever seen....

That devil doll scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. It's kinda funny to look at it now.

My wife, my brother and sister in law, all still talk about that creepy little doll. My brother used to run jump in the bed, just in case it was hiding under his bed, it wouldn't grab his leg.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast