Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Kevin "Elmo" Clash Resigns

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kevin "Elmo" Clash Resigns

Default Kevin "Elmo" Clash Resigns

after second allegation of abuse.

http://news.yahoo.com/elmo-actor-kev...162603932.html

Default Re: Kevin "Elmo" Clash Resigns

While having sex with underage kids is completely vile and inappropriate, it does make me feel better that the kids he was with weren't the target "Elmo" demographic. Like, at least he wasn't picking using his Elmo persona to pick them up. It sounds like one of them didn't even know that's who he was.

It would double gross me out if he was using Elmo to trick them into going with him.

....while I am no fan of Elmo, it breaks my heart that a character that is so captivating to so many young hearts was drug into such a malodorous crime....

Pedofilia is never okay.......not ever

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrop View Post
    Pedofilia is never okay.......not ever
    1. No, it's not, but ... a couple of things. Having sex with a 15yo does not typically have the same gravity as having sex with a seven-year-old. The age of consent is not magical. Teenagers consent to sex all the time. Do they fully understand the consequences? Not always, but then from what I see around me, neither do a lot of adults. I wish there were a sliding scale of sexual predatorship that we could agree to.
    2. Assuming what these young men are claiming is true, they voluntarily sought out sexual activity (gay chat lines), or at least social connectivity centered around sex. That makes these relationships quite different, in my mind, from ones where the victims are unwilling participants.
    3. It's awfully suspicious that the second young man only realized he was "damaged" after figuring out who Clash was, and the first one, who got a settlement, now wants to recant his recantation. It's also kinda hinky not that they want to sue, because abuse does cause real damage with real monetary impact, but that suing was the first approach, rather than pursuing criminal action.
    4. An accusation is not proof of anything. If he did the crime, then he should do the time, but it's a shame that all you have to do to ruin someone's career is make a claim of sexual abuse.

Has Jimmy Saville made the news in the states?

Quote Originally Posted by fredthe3rd View Post
    Oh, yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by fredthe3rd View Post
    I've been following all that in the Daily Mail (I know, it's an awful paper, but I can't help myself!) What an awful mess that whole thing has turned out to be! I think a LOT of people used to get away with pedophilia back in the day. Unfortunately, they still do, but hopefully not nearly as many.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    1. No, it's not, but ... a couple of things. Having sex with a 15yo does not typically have the same gravity as having sex with a seven-year-old. The age of consent is not magical. Teenagers consent to sex all the time. Do they fully understand the consequences? Not always, but then from what I see around me, neither do a lot of adults. I wish there were a sliding scale of sexual predatorship that we could agree to.
    2. Assuming what these young men are claiming is true, they voluntarily sought out sexual activity (gay chat lines), or at least social connectivity centered around sex. That makes these relationships quite different, in my mind, from ones where the victims are unwilling participants.
    3. It's awfully suspicious that the second young man only realized he was "damaged" after figuring out who Clash was, and the first one, who got a settlement, now wants to recant his recantation. It's also kinda hinky not that they want to sue, because abuse does cause real damage with real monetary impact, but that suing was the first approach, rather than pursuing criminal action.
    4. An accusation is not proof of anything. If he did the crime, then he should do the time, but it's a shame that all you have to do to ruin someone's career is make a claim of sexual abuse.
    I completely agree with you about this particular case. The two young men in question seem to have at the least sought out an encounter. It also bothers me that neither of them were "damaged" until they realized who their partner actually was, and that he probably has money. Even though the accused was an adult, and should have sought to fulfil his "needs" with another consenting adult, I have serious doubts about the credibility of the two accusers in this case.

I understand what you're saying about teenagers consenting to sex. However, it still doesn't make it okay for a supposedly grown up man or woman of 25 or 30 to have sex with a teenager. My problem with it is and will always be that a 15 year old consenting to sex with 30 year old is not the same as a couple of teenagers consenting to have sex. If it ever happens with my child, heads will roll. Bet on it.

I understand what you're saying about teenagers consenting to sex. However, it still doesn't make it okay for a supposedly grown up man or woman of 25 or 30 to have sex with a teenager. My problem with it is and will always be that a 15 year old consenting to sex with 30 year old is not the same as a couple of teenagers consenting to have sex. If it ever happens with my child, heads will roll. Bet on it.
    On Thanksgiving one of our high school teachers was arrested for sexual battery of a minor. (She is 27) I fully agree Sundrop, it is never OK for an adult to take advantage of a teenager. It is completely predatory!! I hope this teacher gets the book thrown at her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast