This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Universal Time Line::

Default Universal Time Line::

I would like to take this to to ask (beg) Robin Furth or Mr. Bev, Ms. Mod or Tabby King or anyone really.... to create a Multi- Universal Time line. The first appendix of Ms. Furth's book has such a time line and Mr. Bev Vincents book also. They are concerned with Roland/Gilead , and list other events(books) only when they have to.
    I am asking that someone, Better equipped for the job then me, to write a multi-King-universal time line . One that would include ALL of Steven Kings works into a single time line. This would place Jack Torrence's death very close to Carries White's death. These two events would be close to Roland's and Eddies trip to Maine in 1977. It would also list, Jack Mort's Death not to far the the Losers Club's return to Derry in 1986(or what ever) .
    Such an endeavor would be difficult and the final product would be complex . Perhaps to complex for the average reading to bother with . It would be a hard read.
    This is because it would have to include many 'universes' that would have to “come to an end”. These 'universe' would not have any effect on other universe . Like the Universe that is “The Stand” . The events in that universe would have to 'branch off' , It would have no effect on the universe of 'The Mist' or of: IT. And these two universes would have no effect on each other either . They Couldn't .
    In the universes of The Mist and of IT, there was no 'end of the world pandemic' , and in IT, there were no 'Mist Monsters ' in central Maine . These kinds of examples go on forever.
    Such a project might not even be possible unless Mr. King himself confirms that certain universe are 'one and the same'. There would be some universe that contain a Stephen King, and some that don't. In at least one universe Mr King would have to die (I think) on the road; Killed by the version of Sheemie that knew how to drive a Van-o-mobile .
    In Dinky Earnshaws universe , there is a fictional Carrie White. Dinky is aware of the Fictional Carrie but not aware that he himself is fictional. In another universe (at least one) Carrie is a real person would maybe from (or visited) the Universe of John Cullum . This "John Cullum universe" , is a universe filled with “walk ins” Carrie may have traveled through universes and time, to become the 'fire bug' woman John spoke of.
    What I mean by all this is that : It would be a horribly complex task.
    It might require the three people names as authors in “The Stephen King universe' and Robin Furth and god knows who else in order to do it. I would be happy to pay 20+ dollars for such a Tomb. So would many other, Im sure.

Default Re: Universal Time Line::

Not only that but it would have to continually be updated since Stephen isn't anywhere near the end of his career. Gives me a headache just thinking of how much time/work would be involved in putting such a project together in this type of format. Not saying it's a bad idea, just would be a huge amount of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Not only that but it would have to continually be updated since Stephen isn't anywhere near the end of his career.
    This is a great line to read first thing on a Monday morning.

Well...Ms. Mod has just made my day. WOW. cool.

anyway,
    The fans could do this...WE COULD DO IT. It could be a huge list posted on the internet, for free,
    put together by us. It would be very easy to edit in a 'MircoSoft word' format . You could add
    new stuff very easy in between lines . Fans could submit EXACT dates for stuff. , or at least get in
    down to the month. say like ::

"June 7th 1979 , Carrie White dies, taking half a town with her.
    "Sept 1979 , Charlie McGee enters the office of Rolling Stone.
    "Dec 1979 , Jack Torrance dies, Overlooks Blows up
    "July 1980, a dog named Cujo kills 6 people in a Maine town"

(the above is not correct) The fans could submit one liners like those. (if they're sure about the dates)
    and some one , a couple people , could double check them and then post them in one big timeLine.

I think a 'group' would have to be created The' King Time line' group or something. It would be a lot of work
    for the people in charge of the group. few would be willing to commit .

A group would be the better way to do this so people could add to it without waiting for moderation. One source for some of the dates would be from the desk calendars put out over the years by the Stephen King Library--might be a way to get things started if anyone has back copies.

This project sounds more suited for an online database, or perhaps a Wikia.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Not only that but it would have to continually be updated since Stephen isn't anywhere near the end of his career. Gives me a headache just thinking of how much time/work would be involved in putting such a project together in this type of format. Not saying it's a bad idea, just would be a huge amount of work.
    Heck, it's not like you have anything else to do...

If you decide to set up a group here, invite me. Sounds like fun.

....whoopsie!...WRONG Universal....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast