This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Survivor Phillipines

Default Survivor Phillipines

I don't know if Survivor is being discussed in another post, but I thought I'd start a new thread for this season. Who's watching?

Default Re: Survivor Phillipines

I'm watching, but I have found this season to be pretty blah. Just the last few weeks, it's started to capture my interest. I don't know whether it was the way they started out with 3 tribes, and the one was completely dominant, and I just wasn't connecting with the players, because you just weren't seeing all of them. Or whether I'm just getting bored with the whole premise, because The Amazing Race has failed to capture me this season, as well.

I am. My buddy Jeff Strand, King of Survivor trivia, texted me yesterday afternoon to say "Am I a bad person for hoping that Abi wins immunity tonight?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I am. My buddy Jeff Strand, King of Survivor trivia, texted me yesterday afternoon to say "Am I a bad person for hoping that Abi wins immunity tonight?"

Whether he was a bad person or not, she did win immunity. I love when a plan gets blasted like that.

I don't have a favorite this time though I do like Mike Sculpin.

Cat - sometimes I feel the same way, but I've been very interested in this season of Survivor. I keep waiting to get bored with it, but so far that has happened.

Bev - Yes, that makes him a very bad person! Just kidding (kind of). I may have rooted for her to win immunity as well, if I didn't know that Penner would probably be getting the boot if she did. I know he dug his own grave, but I just love him - maybe it's the flashbacks to M*A*S*H that I get whenever he speaks.

Quote Originally Posted by SusanNorton View Post
    but I just love him - maybe it's the flashbacks to M*A*S*H that I get whenever he speaks.
    I just watched Wednesday's episode yesterday afternoon, and I was disappointed Penner got voted out, too. My husband said the exact same thing about his voice!

The one good thing to come of Penner's eviction: he got the Ponderosa crowd talking to each other. Before he got there, there was a lot of tension among the jurors.

I've been watching faithfully again this time around. I thought this last episode was the best and as soon as Abi won immunity I knew it was gonna be good!

So you all think Penner sounds like Hawkeye I guess???

Yeah...Survivor talk, I love it!! I believe that Abbi is going to win the whole thing. I can't stand her, but she keeps it interesting. I'm still waiting for to find out that her BFF Pete is the one who started all the drama with her hidden clue weeks ago!