This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Boys in Blue are Good

Default Re: Most Boys in Blue are Good

Dana, I was just going to post this, it made me cry in a good way. Bless this kind and compassionate man!

New York's Finest!!

This did make me cry. Thank you so much for posting it. There is so much good in police officers and yet the media always latches on to the bad. Thank you.

Way to go Officer DePrimo..

Freemansburg PA, sort of near Philadelphia

I'm not sure I see what him being a police officer has to do with the story. I think that I'd rather think of him as a representative of the good that lives in all humanity - to me it's more heartwarming that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vose View Post
    I'm not sure I see what him being a police officer has to do with the story. I think that I'd rather think of him as a representative of the good that lives in all humanity - to me it's more heartwarming that way.
    We had a conversation on here recently about a cop using force and if it was perceived as too much or not. I think there's a lot of bad press given to police and this just helps fight that.

But I agree, he is just a good man in general.

When I managed a homeless shelter, we were right across from the cop shop. An RCMP officer came over one night and offered a pair of boots to one of our homeless men. On payday, the mounties would all chip in to give us some money for the tobacco fund.....we offered free tobacoo when we had money...I know it is not good stuff but a lot of them smoked and that was their only recreation sorta. They also contributed to the personal items we put in the clients xmas stockings and things like that....sock, mitts, deoderant. Most cops are wonderful people.

What a great story! I think ... I think sometimes the thing with cops are that most people join out of a desire to serve, but also some people join because of the power. That's just people, you know? We're not all awesome human beings. Most of us have probably met a police officer on a power trip. And even the ones who really start out with that desire to serve, since they are only human, dealing with the criminal mindset day after day after day, it must wear on them. And it's probably hard to really internalize, for some of them, that the people they encounter every single day really only comprise a small, unfortunate slice of humanity. I think some of them get jaded and take shortcuts. They are doing a tough job, one that I wouldn't want to do. Most are good people, like this guy. Like the ones making sure LadyPain is safe from her crazy ex.

I do think they have to be held to a higher standard. They legally wield the power of life and death. Abuses should be brought to light. But ... so should stuff like this. For that department, I think it does matter that he is a police officer.

"This did make me cry"
    Hey Shasta - maybe you are pregnant already! All those hormones make women weepy

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast