This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi I'm a sparkling new member

Default Hi I'm a sparkling new member

Hello! I've been on the internet since the mid 90s but this is my first time here. Great admirer of Stephen King and I'm looking forward to reading from fellow King fans.

I did have a question. I enjoy listening to King's audio books even if I've already read the book, my favorite of these is 11/22/63 actor Craig Wasson made an already great book even better with his performance. My question is: does Stephen King condone people uploading copies of the audio books onto youtube? I saw some on there and didn't know if I should hit alert/flag or not? I've always taken piracy seriously and never illegally download films/books instead using libraries or audible.com to listen to King's books. Is there a section on this site to report this kind of thing? Just wondering, thank you.

Default Re: Hi I'm a sparkling new member

No he does not condone it and neither does his publisher as that is copyright infringement/piracy. We have them removed when we become aware of them. You can use the Contact link on the Home page to alert us to the URL where the piracy is occurring.

Welcome, since you use the description sparkling, does this also mean you are a Twilight vampire?

(just messing with you, again, welcome)

Freemansburg PA, sort of near Philadelphia

Nice looking out, Mr. Hole, and welcome to the SKMB! Piracy makes me sick! I think it's so sad (and unfortunately irreversible, I'm afraid) that the people who are growing up now and in the last ten or so years have this feeling of entitlement for whatever they want; music, movies and books specifically. "Why would I buy it if I can get it for free? And if I can get it for free, the artists are wrong for trying to charge! They are the bad ones for trying to take my money! Art belongs to the people!" Sickening. Those are all actual statements that people have made to me in defending why they download stuff without paying. Sad

Freemansburg PA, sort of near Philadelphia

Also, have you listend to the Dark Tower audio books? Both of the readers, Frank Muller and George Guidall, did an EXCELLENT job. I also really really enjoyed Wind Through the Keyhole, which Sai King reads himself. I've heard a lot of people complain about his reading, but I thought it was great to hear him reading it! I love audiobooks, especially for a re-read.

Welcome!

....many welcomes...but please, please tell me your first initial isn't "A"?.....

Hi everyone. I'm new as well and I'm excited to discuss my love of Stephen king books with others. In reply to Mr Hole, I've never heard any audio books, let alone SK as I prefer to emerse myself in the story at my own pace. I also like to re-read some parts of the story if they are thought provoking or funny. I know you could pause/rewind it at certain points but its not quite the same. That's just my thoughts anyway.

Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ....many welcomes...but please, please tell me your first initial isn't "A"?.....

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    No he does not condone it and neither does his publisher as that is copyright infringement/piracy. We have them removed when we become aware of them. You can use the Contact link on the Home page to alert us to the URL where the piracy is occurring.
    Thanks will do!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast