Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The Drawing of the Three?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Drawing of the Three?

Default The Drawing of the Three?

Any word on whether Marvel is going to be adapting The Drawing of the Three? There are only two issues left in the comics adapting The Gunslinger, so theoretically The Drawing of the Three would be starting soon thereafter.

Personally, I'm conflicted. I've mostly enjoyed The Gunslinger, but the final arc -- based on "The Man In Black" -- has been so disappointing (with genuinely awful art) that I'd almost be glad to see the entire series end. If it continues, I'll buy it, but with considerably lessened enthusiasm.

Default Re: The Drawing of the Three?

I think there's a chance, the final issue of the arc "The Way Station" features the Oracle showing to Roland (and to us) images of Eddie Dean, Detta/Odetta Holmes and Jack Mort.

Sorry I do not know anything about this. Can someone clue me in on Marvel comics, where to get/see?

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    Sorry I do not know anything about this. Can someone clue me in on Marvel comics, where to get/see?
    ...check with your nearest comics retailer...most are now available in Trade Editions which have collected all the single issues...I've enjoyed them all, for what my opinion is worth...

It would be nice to be able to order right from Marvel's website. I've tried in the past to no avail, though perhaps I didn't do it right. I've gotten them on ebay. My closest comic shop is over forty miles away, so I don't go very often.

Quote Originally Posted by nate_watkins View Post
    It would be nice to be able to order right from Marvel's website. I've tried in the past to no avail, though perhaps I didn't do it right. I've gotten them on ebay. My closest comic shop is over forty miles away, so I don't go very often.
    ...sounds like online is your best bet then...my "dealer" is right off an exit of my daily 30 mile(one way)commute..so I drop in about once a month...

Things From Another World is the best online comics retailer I know of. They should probably be your first stop.

http://www.tfaw.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...sounds like online is your best bet then...my "dealer" is right off an exit of my daily 30 mile(one way)commute..so I drop in about once a month...
    I used to go more often, but my daily schedule has become much more restricted than before. And as much time as I already spend on the road, I usually don't feel like making the trip. That is, unless I can can get a decent bike that runs well. Then I'll probably never get off of it.

You can order them thru Amazon. Then you're getting an entire arc in one consolidated volume. You can usually get them from third party sellers for cheap prices. I got Gunslinger Born as well as Long Road Home for five to ten dollars each after shipping. I just today ordered volume 3 for ten bucks after shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Boni View Post
    I think there's a chance, the final issue of the arc "The Way Station" features the Oracle showing to Roland (and to us) images of Eddie Dean, Detta/Odetta Holmes and Jack Mort.
    I sent off an email to Peter David who has been involved with the adaptations from the start. His response was that no one had contacted him about adapting any additional Dark Tower books but there's always a possibility.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast